• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If the choice comes down to ...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Picking the best PG/SG.

I hope we take ROY over M.Williams and Foye.

I just think Roy would be a much better compliment to JJ.

However, I would rather go with a defensive PF...

Ask Shelden Williams.

• Premium Member

I like Marcus IF JJ was just going to be a SG...Standard.

Don't get me wrong, I like that idea.

But, if we continue with the BK plan, Roy is definitely the guy for us. An OG who can handle the ball and score.

JJ is a SG who should handle the ball a lot. I like Marcus Williams over Foye any day. We need a real PG to bring the ball under pressure, to run the show when JJ is on the bench, and to push it on the fast break with the young guns.

Just say no to Foye for our team

• Premium Member

I'm not on the Foye bandwagon either.

He's much more a JT than anything else.

I think however, that Roy is going to be special. He was top ten in every category in the Pac-10.. That includes rebounds, steals, and blocks. Plus he's a bigger OG... I think he and JJ would actually be pretty good backcourt mates.

Williams... I like him. It would make JJ more of a standard shooting guard. I'm not against that idea. However, I don't see BK going that way. I would not be surprised if BK drafts Morrison and calls him a SG!

Gotta agree on Roy. Really he is sorta like a thinner and slightly quicker JJ. Seems like duplication but he'd fit better than Chillz in the backcourt with JJ and I still think that would work if it werent for the fact that Chillz seems to fit nicely coming off the bench. We'd still have Lue and Salim this year and then the year after pick up more of a true point to replace Lue.

I like Williams alot also, wouldnt be disappointed if everyone else is gone and we take him. Of course I'd want any of the three bigs first, then Roy, then Williams (and I dont mean Sheldon btw..lol). I bet that will be BK's rankings too except he puts Gay and then Morrison ahead of Williams.

BK's list:

1. Bargain Man

2. Aldridge

3. Tyrus

4. Roy

5. Gay

6. Morrison

7. Williams (not sure which one)

• Premium Member

Honestly..

I can see us doing something like this for the offseason:

Drafting Roy in the first.

Then drafting a second round Project (big).. I hope Craig Smith. More likely Matt Harryass.

Then...

in the offseason making a bid for either Cato, BWallace, or Olowakandi and resigning Al.

I will admit..

Roy/JJ in the backcourt is very exciting.

It's like having Penny(prime)/Wade in the same backcourt.

I can't predict the frontcourt moves because Honestly, we have nothing to work with... IN FAcy nor do we have anything to work with After Aldridge in the draft save Shelden Williams and Tyrus Thomas.

Quote:

I think however, that Roy is going to be special. He was top ten in every category in the Pac-10.. That includes rebounds, steals, and blocks. Plus he's a bigger OG...

Yeah but that's top 10 in a 10 team conference. Meaning if he leads his team in a category he's almost automatically top 10 in the conference.

If we get a guard, it has to be a guy with a true PG handle who can bring the ball up under pressure and run the show when JJ is out. Roy has a SG's handle, not a PG's, so we would have used up a high draft pick without adressing our need

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I think however, that Roy is going to be special. He was top ten in every category in the Pac-10.. That includes rebounds, steals, and blocks. Plus he's a bigger OG...

Yeah but that's top 10 in a 10 team conference. Meaning if he leads his team in a category he's almost automatically top 10 in the conference.

That depends on the category. Rebounds, for example, is a category where you would expect multiple forwards/centers from teams to be in there above a guard. The same for blocks - leading Kentucky in blocks last season would not have guaranteed you a top 12 finish in the conference in blocked shots. The top 10 in every category statistic is a pretty significant accomplishment, IMO.

• Premium Member

Most of the plans of MINE involves trading Al. Go back over the 10 that I have already proposed by number. Most of them involve trading Al for either JO or Chandler.

Now, what we will probably do and what I think we should do are two different things.

I agree. If we go with a guard - I'd definitely pick Roy. I think he'll make the TEAM stronger. May not have R.O.Y. stats but he'll help out everyone on the floor.

Last year it looked like Bogut, Marvin, Paul, and Deron were all sure things. But this year I don't see any. But Bargnani, Splitter, Roy, and Aldridge are worth a chance - in that order. Then we try to bring over Anderson. And keep an eye out to get Saer.