• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Diesel's top 7 draft picks... For the Hawks.

Diesel

• Premium Member

1. Aldridge - I think the upside is too high. I think the need is too high. I think the skill level is right for us now. I think this guy is the next Camby if he works hard.

2. Sheldon Williams - Don't hate. I didn't like this guy for a long time because he just took his pale and went to work. But after watching him against the competition bring it every week (except GTown) I said... wait a minute. So he's not flashy. So he doesn't seem like he has a great upside. He can be what we need. Upside is overrated. I find it hard to find many difference between what he did this year and what Okafor did his senior year other than Williams scored more consistently. I think his value is going to sky rocket after workouts start.

3. Roy. This guy is the cream of the crop as far as Guards go. I'm thinking he's the next D. Wade. He has the skills for a PG but he has the game of a 2. The only thing is can he nail the outside shot consistently? That's not really a concern if he's playing with JJ and Smoove. A shooter and a slasher.

4. Morrison. You may think he doesn't play any defense. This kid has fire. Something we haven't drafted in a long time. Somebody who will beat up his mama for the win. Jordan and Now Barkley has shown that the best players are also the most competitive.. even to a fault. I think Morrison is probably the most competitive player that has been in the draft since..... Jordan.

5. Tyrus Thomas. The reason he's not in my top two is because we have Smoove already... and this guy has less polish than Smoove or Swift when he came out. Call it coincidence but this guy has a Swiftness about him. It's not just that he's gone to LSU.. but it's his style of play too. Plus, he's not the scorer that Swift was. Given the choice, I would take Shelden Williams over TT.

6. Rodney Carney. Let me say it here first. This guy is going to be the NEXT Vince Carter (if he goes to the right team). I think he has Vince beat in the softness dept. I really don't see so much weakness in his game. I can't see why he isn't higher. I mean, he's a good scorer and a hellavu defender... What's left? He could easily be a SG.

7. Bargain Man. When we want to explore the world of 7 foot Sfs, I say let's go for the Bargain. I flip flop on this guy everyday. I think he could be the next Gasol or he could be Skitta. I guess I won't be mad if he's picked for us... But I would hope an ensueing trade of him is on the way. However, if we got him, I would consider him a project with BK still looking for our defensive fix.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is.......................WOW

I knew the Shelden man crush you seemed to have developed recently was crazy, but suggesting the Hawks draft Morrison might be the absolute craziest post you've had in your 8,207,496,232,098 posts you have here. Although your post states Morrison has fire is absolutely 100% correct, how can you (or Billy Knight each year) justify taking yet another SF when we desperately need big men and someone to play alongside JJ (whether that be a PG or SG)?

Well..BK just changes the facts to suit his actions...

Drafted Borris..said he was a 2 that could play next to Terry..Turns out Borris is a 4/5..

Drafted Chillz..said Chillz was a 2..We know now his best spot is the 3..

Drafted Smoove as a 3...Then Drafted Marvin as a 3..So Smoove turns into a 4..

Traded for Al as a 3..Then moved Walker so Al turns into a 4..

SNT for JJ as a point..Woody abandoned that idea exactly 2 games into the season..JJ back to the 2..

I could easily see him drafting Gay or Morrison, saying they can play the 2 with JJ at the point..

• Premium Member

First off, my purpose for taking Williams is that he's defensive big with offensive skills.

But on to Morrison.

You can't see the justification of Morrison being that he's a SG?

Morrison scored 28.1 ppg and he shot 42.8% from three. I can see it now.

"Well, you know JJ is still our PG and today we have brought in a SG who can score the basketball either from the arc or by blowing past his man".

As I've said before every time there's a Euro 7 footer who is relatively thin and described as having a SF's game, he ends up being a PF. See Dirk, Pau etc...

I would put the odds of Bargnani playing the bulk if his minutes at the SF 2 years from now below 1%.

He is a perimeter guy when I would rather have a banger, but he will end up being a 7 foot PF nevertheless just like Dirk. The real question is whether or not he will be anywhere near as good.

Quote:

First you say No Sfs..

then you say Bargnani?

HMM...

If you are confused Diesel. Go to draft express. He is projected as a PF and is expected to play PF. Hopefully this will enlighten you and bring you a little more up to date on what is going on in the basketball world this year...

• Premium Member

If he's really 240, I would take him and he'd be about 2nd or 3rd on the list... But the kid I saw in that video didn't even look 225. He looked 220. He made Tyson Chandler look big...

• Premium Member

But the reason why none of those guys are effective at PF is because of their lack of size, strength, and toughness.

None of those guys are starters.

Skitta is a 5th pick overall and he's a Journeyman. We can get him for .1 million dollars and a box of pretzels.

hell, I'd rather grab Journey Man skitta than waste a high draft pick on another 224 pound Sf.