• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Diesel's top 7 draft picks... For the Hawks.

Diesel

Ummm ... ok. We all know Skita sucks balls and Dirk is an MVP candidate, not sure what your point is. Olowokandi was a tall black american post player taken #1 and he sucks. Same with Kwame. That wouldn't stop me from drafting Aldridge.

You take Skita, I'll take Bargnani, let's see who's better.

Bargnani will be a good PF

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bosh is like 210-220, ONeal can't be much more than that and they both are effective Pfs.

Can't say what Barg is going to be like, but bulk isn't everything, BUT, I do agree its nice to have a bulky Pf.

Well he looks good and he seems to have performed very well on the European level. Most of the Euro busts that were drafted high are guys like Darko who never even got any PT in Europe or played against horrible competition, and everything was based on potential. Bargnani and Splitter have both performed well. Of course I can't guarantee how good he'll be, but I highly doubt we have a Skita part II on our hands.

size doesn't mean everything, but you have to play both sides of the floor. One of the things I like about Bargnani is that despite being thin he is apparently a very good shotblocker and post defender, as opposed to Al who plays matador D. Bargnani wants to be on the perimeter on offense, but on the inside on D. Another reason why he will be a PF. He can't guard quick perimeter players

The difference is that Al doesn't play defense and is shorter.

Notice I agreed that bulk is nice, but its not everything. I am pointing out that there are thin AND tall Pfs in the NBA that are effective.

No we shouldn't keep Al.

• Premium Member

We're giving Bargnani the benefit of the doubt as to weather he plays defense. Out of all the Europlayers here, you can count on 1 hand those that play defense and Dirk doesn't get a finger.

Quote:

How many 225 pound Pfs have you ever seen
play
in the NBA?

I want you to also know that TMac weighs ~225! That JJ weighs about 235...

Looks like the Squawk has already answered this pretty well. There are some great ones and there are definetely some bad ones as well. So how about turn about being fair play....

How many 7'0" 225 pound SF's have you ever seen play in the NBA?

• Premium Member

1. Skitta. But he didn't play.

The Suns picked up this guy Marcian Gortat, but i don't think he plays.

The Blazers picked up this kid Ricky Sanchez.. But I don't think he plays.

The key point is that these guys don't play. They all have a Keith Closs-ness about them. Just not strong enough to play the position that they are big enough to play.

Here's one write up on Bargnani...

Quote:

Averaging 11.2 PPG and 5.2 RPG in the Italian league and 10.6 PPG in the Euroleague this season. Draws comparison to Dirk Nowitzki because of the 7 footers versatility and skills. Has a quick release, that extends out the 3 point line. Good footwork and ball handling skills for being 7-0. Defensive game has improved and is a decent shot blocker. Would rather be one-on-one than in traffic. What position will he play in the NBA, may not be strong enough to play PF, and not quick enough for SF.

What about him says PF?

His three point shooting?

The fact that he doesn't like to play in traffic?

The fact that he's probably not strong enough?

This guy is a project. Don't we have too many of those already??

Tit for tat. Here is another write up:

First his physical attributes. He's tall (easily a 7 footer), and a very fluid athlete that runs the court very well, has a very nice first step and is a decent leaper. He'll never be a power player in the paint, but his frame suggests that his bulk will be adequate for the power forward position in the future.

He's going to be a match-up nightmare in his prime once he gets stronger, probably being the player most resembling a young Dirk Nowitzki that you've seen in a while.

NBA people surely remember him because of the very solid performance he had in a preseason game against the Toronto Raptors, showing he can beat players off the dribble numerous times, even a very quick power forward like Chris Bosh.

But more importantly if he is outside he will have to draw his man with him that would help open up the middle and allow Zaza or whomever more space.

• Premium Member

Here's what you just showed.. note the highlights.

First his physical attributes. He's tall (easily a 7 footer), and a very fluid athlete that runs the court very well, has a very nice first step and is a decent leaper. He'll never be a power player in the paint, but his frame suggests that his bulk will be adequate for the power forward position in the future.

He's going to be a match-up nightmare in his prime once he gets stronger, probably being the player most resembling a young Dirk Nowitzki that you've seen in a while.

NBA people surely remember him because of the very solid performance he had in a preseason game against the Toronto Raptors, showing he can beat players off the dribble numerous times, even a very quick power forward like Chris Bosh.

One thing..

Do you think the scouts would give a filp about this guy if he were coming out of University of Wisconsin?

They would say...

Too Frail to be a starter in the NBA. A project that will take at least 3 years to become an above average Sf.

I don't buy that. Everyone is looking for the perfect pick and last I checked there are none. This kid fits right in with the other kids we got, except that he's a true 7 footer, something that we sorely need.

I still maintain that his ability to put the ball on the floor is going to draw his man out to help open the lane. In time he'll develop.

I like the idea of trading the pick with the Bucks better.

Quote:

One thing..

Do you think the scouts would give a filp about this guy if he were coming out of University of Wisconsin?

They would say...

Too Frail to be a starter in the NBA. A project that will take at least 3 years to become an above average Sf.

The amount of bullshit that you post everyday is truly amazing; and even when it reeks of total non-sense and lack of logic on your part, it is truly entertaining.....

Thanks for the laughs

Everyone is a Bargnani hater but they act like Aldridge is a diesel. How much does Aldridge weigh? Probably no more than 10 pounds more than Bargnani if that many. How much does JOakim Noah Weigh? I think he was the exact same size as Bargnani. None of these big men weigh more than 240 other than O'Bryant and Shelden Williams who are not nearly as athletic as Bargnani.