• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Indy fans Like Al...

Diesel

First of all, when trading for a contract like JO, you have to add in the trade the value of the player you think you could sign with the excess salary. We are taking on like 17M is it? How about letting Marvin develop some before moving him. He is only going to get better. He already has better ball skills than Smith and look how much better he is in his 2nd season. I'd rather do Al/Chill/Lue for JO although they probably wouldn't go for it. Taking JO's contract is a big turn-off to me considering he isn't a Franchise player obviously. He is a VERY good player, don't get me wrong, but if you are making in the 17-20 Million range annually, you better be THE guy.

• Admin

I like some of their propositions.

Al/Lue/Childress and a pick for JO and Tinsley. I'd probably do that.

They also expressed interest in Marvin and Al.

Some of their dreams, basically the whole team for Lebron, shows that there are insane fans everywhere!

Quote:

First of all, when trading for a contract like JO, you have to add in the trade the value of the player you think you could sign with the excess salary. We are taking on like 17M is it? How about letting Marvin develop some before moving him. He is only going to get better. He already has better ball skills than Smith and look how much better he is in his 2nd season. I'd rather do Al/Chill/Lue for JO although they probably wouldn't go for it. Taking JO's contract is a big turn-off to me considering he isn't a Franchise player obviously. He is a VERY good player, don't get me wrong, but if you are making in the 17-20 Million range annually, you better be THE guy.

]

Agree all the way, so we can end up giving AL(19 and 7)Marvin(hell if he goes to Pacers he will become a superstar)

Chill (10 and 5 of the bench) and our first pick where we can get a solid big like Aldridge that can develop even faster than JO did.

Even Pacers fans on that board are saying WHy would the HAwks want JO??.. when they know that we are already paying Joe a max.

We really can't afford to have 2 max players on this team mostly because we are a low budget organization, we are not the LAkers or Knicks or Dallas and San Antonio where they can have overpaid players and still win. If we get any player to play for us we can't overpay for that player and get away with it and yes even Joe is little overpaid but he hasn't hit the highest ceiling yet.

If we do get JO than we will barely get in playoffs and if we do get in we will fall in 1st round and that will only last about 2-3 years so HELL NO TO JO!!!

Billy don't be stupid please!!

Yo are right dude. Am I missing something or does AL and Peja play the same position. Don't say that Peja can play the the 2 because he will get torched every night. AL for JO just doesn't make sense like I said before they wanted him to play with JO. I am wondering if maybe we can get in on a three way involving Peja. I can't believe that the Pacers sat on that trade for so long before they pulled that trigger. I don't think that they really wanted him because they tried to work several other deals before finally giving up. Maybe if a third team is invloved that wants Peja we can work something out and Indiana would end up with AL. Just a thought!

• Premium Member

There are no longrange plans for PEJA. He totally disappeared during the playoffs and he last few games of the season. I'm sure Bird is not going to spend good money on a continue of the last 2 years that Peja has had. He will let Peja go off to Chicago with his friends.

As far as Al for JO, it depends on what else they can get. They know exactly what they are getting with Al. Moreover, he's about 8 million dollar cheaper than JO and will probably give almost the same production offensively.

If they can get some young stud like Roy with Al... or even Marvin.. They can just sit back, wait and they can trade Al if they so choose. Al will always have trade value.

Quote:

I like some of their propositions.

Al/Lue/Childress and a pick for JO and Tinsley. I'd probably do that.

They also expressed interest in Marvin and Al.

I like JO alot. But he has had his share of nagging injuries for about three years now. Tinsley, I use to love the way he played; but he has been a injury waiting to happen for four years in a row.

If we could keep Marvin, a front line of JO, Smoove, and Marvin could play with anyone in the league. Provided JO stays healthy and he would not cop an attitude about what position he was asked to play....

Tinsley? I would really like to know what his contract is about before pulling the trigger on him. Alan Henderson ate a good portion of our cap up for quite a few years and I just don't want to see that happen again.