• Raised $440 of $700 target

Let's get Skita off waivers.

Diesel

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

,,then it'd be awfully hard to pass on Bargnani in that case, whether you think he meets a need for us or not. What team out there
wouldn't
want a Dirk Nowitzki type player?

I tend to agree with you Seano - but I also remember what the announcers were bantering about during the most recent Pistons blowout. They said that the Pistons were put together based on chemistry. That they even passed on Carmelo because they already had that position filled. Now whether they had a grand master plan, or just reacted to favorable situations as they arose, they did get the chemistry they were after.

The Pistons have definitely switched gears to playoff intensity. We may have beaten them in the regular season when their guard was down - but they'd hammer us now, just like the Bucks and Cavs (realistically worse).

• Premium Member

Like I posted in another thread..

somebody could tabulate Skita's and Bargnani numbers playing for BT... and it will probably show that they were consistently similar by stats. Also, Skita shot 73% from the field and over 40% from three.

Quote:

Like I posted in another thread..

somebody could tabulate Skita's and Bargnani numbers playing for BT... and it will probably show that they were consistently similar by stats. Also, Skita shot 73% from the field and over 40% from three.

He also averaged less than a point a game - so what does that tell you?

Skita played a total of 36 minutes for Benneton. Why would you even consider comparing those stats to what Bargnani has done consistently over two full seasons?

Alot of what you say doesn't make sense, but this is even beyond ridiculous. You want to say that Skitas 36 minutes are just as, or more, impressive than Bargnanis body of work?

Quote:

Every Europlayer who makes it to the lottery is the next ___________.... Normally Dirk or Gasol.

Is this any worse that the hype you give PG's?

Every small quick lotto PG (Chris Paul)that can score in college is the next AI.

Every big body lotto PG (Deron Williams) is the next Jason Kidd.

When it comes to hype Diesel you are without a doubt the pot calling the kettle black. And yes this is hilarious....thanks again

• Premium Member

My point is that Euroleagues still is an unknown quantity compared to NCAA NBA. Therefore, you're trying to prove to me that unknown #1 is better than Unknown #2... And you think that my reasoning is bad??

• Premium Member

How much hyperboyle can one board take Buzzard.

I still stand by my predictions of both Paul and Deron.

However, I'm not jumping on all PG Bandwagons as you suggest. I recognize those talented players. I said Paul would probably be ROY. I also said that in years to come, Deron would be the next Kidd. However, there was no praise for Felton or any of the other PGs...

But Look at how the board reacts to EVERY EUROPLAYER...

Marty A.

Podkolzine.

Bargnani

Skita.

Darko

Maybe you haven't been here long enough, But I have and it's a mad rush to the unknown.

Jason Kapona was 100% correct when he said if he had gone to Turkey instead of play his senior year at UCLA and changed his name to Jaric Kaponovich he would have been a lottery pick.

Josh Howard was also 100% correct when he said that many of the Europlayers who were choosen before him because of their potential are all riding the bench or out of the league.

It's easy to get love as a Europlayer or a bench player who has done nothing than it is to be a guy who Leads his team in every category and is the reason that they are good...

I offer...

Skita before Amare.

Darko before Mello.

Williams before Paul.

Biedrins before Josh Smith.

Likely Bargnani before Morrison.

Quote:

My point is that Euroleagues still is an unknown quantity compared to NCAA NBA.

No it's not. It's well known. Hell I watched the whole Final 4 two weeks ago. Darko and Skita were big risks because they never got any Euroleague action, while Bargnani and Splitter have gotten good minutes and stats there

Quote:

How much hyperboyle can one board take Buzzard.

I still stand by my predictions of both Paul and Deron.

However, I'm not jumping on all PG Bandwagons as you suggest. I recognize those talented players. I said Paul would probably be ROY. I also said that in years to come, Deron would be the next Kidd. However, there was no praise for Felton or any of the other PGs...

But Look at how the board reacts to EVERY EUROPLAYER...

Marty A.

Podkolzine.

Bargnani

Skita.

Darko

Maybe you haven't been here long enough, But I have and it's a mad rush to the unknown.

Jason Kapona was 100% correct when he said if he had gone to Turkey instead of play his senior year at UCLA and changed his name to Jaric Kaponovich he would have been a lottery pick.

Josh Howard was also 100% correct when he said that many of the Europlayers who were choosen before him because of their potential are all riding the bench or out of the league.

It's easy to get love as a Europlayer or a bench player who has done nothing than it is to be a guy who Leads his team in every category and is the reason that they are good...

I offer...

Skita before Amare.

Darko before Mello.

Williams before Paul.

Biedrins before Josh Smith.

Likely Bargnani before Morrison.

You seem to think that drafting on potential is limited to Euro player. You can go down the line in every draft at see players in the top 5 who don't belong there, Euro or not.

Olowakandi, Hughes, Traylor, and LeFrentz were all drafted before Dirk. I would wager College players bust at a higher percentage than Euros do.

So you'd draft players based on their college stats? Keydren Clark averaged 26 points a game in college, he should go what? Top 5?

• Premium Member

Quote:

I would wager College players bust at a higher percentage than Euros do.

By the simple fact that NCAA produces far more players than the Euros but the Euros seem to have A LOT Of Bust (based on my loose definition)...

But I guess it's how you define it.

The Euro market didn't explode until after Gasol.. so it's really not a fair call...

But if we continue... It will be bust city for most of these unknown quantities.

Quote:

Quote:

Honestly KB, unless Bargnani can play the 5 we don't need him..We are better off trading the pick..BK's time is up..The Hawks ownership won't happily bend over for him giving them another year celler dwelling...If Bargnani is a 3/4 combo as widely advertised, who do you want to ride the bench, him, Marvin or Smoove?..

In case you didn't notice, the NBA has changed. You don't need a true Center anymore to succeed. Is Big Ben Wallace a 7 footer? Is Boris Diaw a true center?

Looks like those teams are doing well.

As far as comparing Bargnani to Skita, the only two things those two have in common is that they are both 7 foot European big men that played for Benetton Treviso.

Look at Skita's numbers in the European league.

Andrea Bargnani's numbers are closer to Dirk's than they are to Skita's numbers. Skita barely saw the floor and as you can see he barely had any production.

http://thedraftreview.com/history/drafted2...li-Nickoloz.htm

Big Ben Wallace plays alot like Big Wes Unseld. Meaning, he plays a lot bigger then he is. Not sure you can say that about Dirk or Bargnani.

Again, I think TMac hit the nail on the head - even though Bargnani is very skilled and is tall his game is finesse and skill. The Hawks have plenty of skilled forwards. What they need is a banger with muscle that will provide an interior defensive presence.

Personally, the very limited clips I have seen of Bargnani does not suggest he is a banger.

Quote:

Darko - 2nd pick overall.

Skita - 5th pick overall.

You don't take big risks that high in the draft.

It's a rush to the unknown.

Agreed. It is also universally agreed that the basketball played in the Euro leagues is the highest level outside of the NBA. Players getting significant minutes and putting up solid stats in the Euro leagues have proven their worth. Neither Darko or SKita did that, Bargnani has.

Quote:

My point is that Euroleagues still is an unknown quantity compared to NCAA NBA. Therefore, you're trying to prove to me that unknown #1 is better than Unknown #2... And you think that my reasoning is bad??

Actually the Euroleage is better than the NCAA. It's where people who aren't good enough to go to the NBA often go. The best Euroleage team would have taken a dump on my Florida Gators.

• Premium Member

Re-read my statement.

I said the Euroleagues are an unknown quantity Compared to NCAA

your response..

"No it's not"...

So... are you saying that we know as much about the Euroleagues as we do the NCAA?

The NCAA's play everyday of the week.. Big Monday - Sunday.

When can you catch a Euroleague game.

The average NCAA player has faced a cream of the crop NCAA player before going to the draft.

I mean, Shelden Williams matched up against Okafor.

Morrison matched up against Carney.

Aldrich played against Williams.

Tyrus Thomas faced Shelden Wilimas.

These players played against each others.

How many Europlayers got to face top notch draft players?

Splitter played Bargnani but how do you know that both guys aren't NBA material? You don't.

Splitter lost his spot to Peja Drobjnak according to some reports.

• Premium Member

Yeah,

we lost Peja Drobjnak and Travis Hansen to the Euro's... They really bring the quality of that league so much higher than NCAA??

Come on man. There's nothing that special about the Euroleagues other than No regulations.

Granted Euroleaguers play more than NCAA.. but I would say that NCAA face the best more often than Euroleaguers do.

Quote:

Re-read my statement.

I said the Euroleagues are an unknown quantity
Compared to NCAA

your response..

"No it's not"...

So... are you saying that we know as much about the Euroleagues as we do the NCAA?

The NCAA's play everyday of the week.. Big Monday - Sunday.

When can you catch a Euroleague game.

The average NCAA player has faced a cream of the crop NCAA player before going to the draft.

I mean, Shelden Williams matched up against Okafor.

Morrison matched up against Carney.

Aldrich played against Williams.

Tyrus Thomas faced Shelden Wilimas.

I hate to interject, but none of the guys I've bolded have played a minute of pro ball - we have no idea if any of them are good, what difference does it make that they played each other?

Quote:

These players played against each others.

How many Europlayers got to face top notch draft players?

Splitter played Bargnani but how do you know that both guys aren't NBA material? You don't.

Splitter lost his spot to Peja Drobjnak according to some reports.

I'll agree with the second part that you don't get to see them against the cream of the crop as often, but they are alos playing against grown men, professionals who have been playing basketball for 10-15 years.

As for the first part (games not being on TV) are you kidding? Lebrons high school games were only on TV a couple of times, what does that mean? GM's and scouts have game tapes of every one of Bargnani's games the last two years as well as access to practices and practice tape. They are hardly hurting for info on him. Players like Darko and Skita sure, but no different than Kwame Brown for instance.

Quote:

Yeah,

we lost Peja Drobjnak and Travis Hansen to the Euro's... They really bring the quality of that league so much higher than NCAA??

Come on man. There's nothing that special about the Euroleagues other than No regulations.

Granted Euroleaguers play more than NCAA.. but I would say that NCAA face the best more often than Euroleaguers do.

These same Euroleague players are the ones kicking our dream teams ass. Euroleagues are the best competitive basketball outside of the NBA. Better than college, NBDL, CBA, and whatever else is happening in the states not called the "NBA"

For every sucky Euroleague team there are four or five cupcakes that the big teams in the NCAA's schedule

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah,

These same Euroleague players are the ones kicking our dream teams ass. Euroleagues are the best competitive basketball outside of the NBA. Better than college, NBDL, CBA, and whatever else is happening in the states not called the "NBA"

For every sucky Euroleague team there are four or five cupcakes that the big teams in the NCAA's schedule

Clearly Diesel has no clue. It's an absolute joke to think the NCAA is more competitive than the Euroleague. Bennetton Treviso would crap on the Florida Gators.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah,

Clearly Diesel has no clue. It's an absolute joke to think the NCAA is more competitive than the Euroleague. Bennetton Treviso would crap on the Florida Gators.

LOL... It's true.