• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Let's get Skita off waivers.

Diesel

• Premium Member

If you put all the players who are eligible for the draft from Bennetton Trev. against the Fla Gators, I would take the gators...

That's the problem...

Many of you look at the overall team and say more competition.

But who is it that comes to the draft?

It's those kids who may not even get to play.

They get a higher ranking because they played on a team that won the EL championship.

Well, if XRay Hipp, Stanley Roberts, Travis Hansen, Roshown McLeod, and Raul Lopez were the starters for that team and the eligible draft pick plays 7 mpg... OF course he's going to look good from the team aspect. And to a degree that is what has been happening. Some ELer has played with NBA has beens and wanna bes and he comes off the bench, plays 7 mpg and looks good in those 7 mins and everybody believes that he cna be the next great NBA star... The Next Dirk or the next Gasol...

It's a joke.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

If you put all the players who are eligible for the draft from Bennetton Trev. against the Fla Gators, I would take the gators...

That's the problem...

Many of you look at the overall team and say more competition.

But who is it that comes to the draft?

It's those kids who may not even get to play.

They get a higher ranking because they played on a team that won the EL championship.

Well, if XRay Hipp, Stanley Roberts, Travis Hansen, Roshown McLeod, and Raul Lopez were the starters for that team and the eligible draft pick plays 7 mpg... OF course he's going to look good from the team aspect. And to a degree that is what has been happening.
Some ELer has played with NBA has beens and wanna bes and he comes off the bench, plays 7 mpg and looks good in those 7 mins and everybody believes that he cna be the next great NBA star
... The Next Dirk or the next Gasol...

It's a joke.

Are you still talking about Darko and Skita? We're talking about Bargnani who averages more than 20 minutes a game. I think you need to decide what argument you're fighting.

• Premium Member

In those games, how many minutes are available to play?? What is it a 40 minute game and for the regular season Bargnani averaged 19?

And if you notice, he doesn't start.

Quote:

In those games, how many minutes are available to play?? What is it a 40 minute game and for the regular season Bargnani averaged 19?

And if you notice, he doesn't start.

Diesel you know so little about International basketball that its scary.

He's averaging 25 minutes a game in top 16 play (which would put him 5th on the team).

It would be alot easier if you just admitted that you have never seen a Euroleague game and that you have no idea what you are talking about.

• Premium Member

I know about as much about EL basketball as you do...

You see, I read the same website (stats) that you did.

I even watch EL play on NBATV....

However, I'm not willing to say that any of the realtime play that I watch is better or close to that of the NBA (Competition wise). In fact, it frustrates me as much as watching women play because of the lack of skills... However, I do like the fundamentals (just like the women)...

Still...

Don't go and look at a website mudderfudder and then proclaim yourself to be an expert or even more knowledgable about anything. I'm willing to bet that you don't even have NBATV?

Here's an easier question..

Have you sat down and watched a Euroleague game this year?

Like I thought... Keep trolling.

Quote:

I know about as much about EL basketball as you do...

You see, I read the same website (stats) that you did.

I even watch EL play on NBATV....

However, I'm not willing to say that any of the realtime play that I watch is better or close to that of the NBA (Competition wise). In fact, it frustrates me as much as watching women play because of the lack of skills... However, I do like the fundamentals (just like the women)...

Still...

Don't go and look at a website mudderfudder and then proclaim yourself to be an expert or even more knowledgable about anything. I'm willing to bet that you don't even have NBATV?

Here's an easier question..

Have you sat down and watched a Euroleague game this year?

Like I thought... Keep trolling.

Wrong again Diesel.

I have NBATV.

I also have Bit Torrent.

I also have StreamTV.

I've watched upwards of 20 Euroleague games this year.

• Premium Member

Well, I stand corrected.

But don't peg me as a guy who is totally ignorant to EL games.

I catch them.. in bits and pieces.. when there's no real basketball going on.

Well he's still being ignorant comparing Skita and Bargnani's Euroleague days.

How the hell can you compare a mere three baskets, THREE BASKETS, to a guy who won the Rising Star award? The guy averaged 1 PPG, he was picked SOLELY on potential. Andrea Bargnani's stock has risen because of PRODUCTIOn.

The fact that he hasn't gotten more minutes isn't about his talent level as it is about the coaching mentality in Euroleague. I don't care how good you are, the vets are going to get most of the PT. And as a young guy if you want to get more PT you have to show dedication on defense. Bargnani's MPG went up as the season went on and so did his production including his FG and 3P percentages.

But continue to be naive and think you can compare Bargnani with a guy who's amount of baskets you can count on one hand. ooo.gif

• Premium Member

Like I said before...

It's a comparison of HYPE..

All Europlayers weather good or bad get this great HYPE. The Hype machine is trotted out and they are considered the next Dirk or the Next Gasol. It's all hype.

I think Bargnani Like Skita, like Darko, Like even yao is the reciepient of such hype.

Now, the original thought behind this thread is also as simple...

Let's get Skita NOW.

Sure 3 yrs ago, Skita was an underdeveloped player who hadn't played because of Italian system politics. BUT he's been in the league 3 yrs since. I would dare to say if you put him on the court with Bargnani, he would probably outplay Bargnani easily. For the last two years, when showcased in summer league, Skita has looked really good. In fact, Skita's old coach (D'Antoni) picked him up for a playoff run.

Tongue and cheek, I said that it would fulfill our europlayer quota. However, truthfully, I would feel better trying Skita in FAcy at a low price, than to pick up another Sf type in the draft. Bargnani will not be a power player. In the true sense of the word, he will not be a PF. He's not a strong inside presence. Why would we pick him if he's just another Marvin?

Quote:

Bargnani will not be a power player. In the true sense of the word, he will not be a PF. He's not a strong inside presence. Why would we pick him if he's just another Marvin?

How many power players are in this draft. And how can you compare Marvin to a 7 footer? Oh and if Marvin shot from beyond the arc nearly as good as Bargnani, we'd be in better shape already. Barbnani doesn't have to weigh 300 pounds to give us a presence down low. Let's say he is only 225 pounds. Would we really be suffering that much if he only added 15-20 pounds and was around 240-245?

I think not.

You don't have to have a true center anymore. Marvin/Smoove down low alongside Bargnani would be efficient. Worst case scneario, he's twice the offensive threat of Zaza Pachulia.

But like I said before, arguing this is ridiculous because he won't even be available when we pick.

• Premium Member

I can compare the two because of skillset and style of play.

One of the things that Dallas has suffered with for years was finding a good match for Dirk because Dirk is not an inside presence. Dirk has become a good rebounder but he's not a power player. That has made Dallas a team that's you defend by pulling the defense back and making them beat you from the outside. I fear, we would be the same way without an inside presence.

Secondly...

I would rather go after true power players or go after a PG like either Roy or Williams than to take another guy with a Sf skillset.

Quote:

I can compare the two because of skillset and style of play.

One of the things that Dallas has suffered with for years was finding a good match for Dirk because Dirk is not an inside presence. Dirk has become a good rebounder but he's not a power player. That has made Dallas a team that's you defend by pulling the defense back and making them beat you from the outside. I fear, we would be the same way without an inside presence.

Secondly...

I would rather go after true power players or go after a PG like either Roy or Williams than to take another guy with a Sf skillset.

And recently Dallas has been knocking down those outside shots and now they are tied even with the Spurs. Sure Bargnani may bring the exact same thing that Marvin Williams brings to the table, but he's doing it at 7 feet tall. By nature, wit his size and athleticism Bargnani has potential to be a bigger inside presence on defense than anything we currently have.

Oh and let's not even begin to think about the mismatches on the offensive side of the ball and the pressure he would take off of Joe Johnson.

But oh I forgot, he's no better than Skita.

Yeah well Euroleague or no Euroleague, Skita never had a game like this

• Premium Member

Actually, with the addition of Damp and Diop.. Dallas has been winning against Halfcourt teams. But look how long it took... More importantly, where's our big man who's going to bring as much defense as Diop or as much size and rebounding as Damp?

It's also funny, that you try to peg Drafted Bargnani vs. Drafted Skita..

However, I'm saying Skitta with 3 yrs of play in the NBA and playing at 240 (PF) vs. drafted Bargnani.

Like I said before, if you were to put Skita (NOW) against Bargnani, Skita would probably eat his lunch.

Quote:

Actually, with the addition of Damp and Diop.. Dallas has been winning against Halfcourt teams. But look how long it took... More importantly, where's our big man who's going to bring as much defense as Diop or as much size and rebounding as Damp?

It's also funny, that you try to peg Drafted Bargnani vs. Drafted Skita..

However, I'm saying Skitta with 3 yrs of play in the NBA and playing at 240 (PF) vs. drafted Bargnani.

Like I said before, if you were to put Skita (NOW) against Bargnani, Skita would probably eat his lunch.

Ok let's face it, even if Bargnani isn't a bust it will probably take 3 years from him to really develop. But it's also going to take Marvin Williams 2-3 years to develop, it's going to take Josh Smith around that time as well. Don't forge we are literally the youngest team in the NBA by 2 years. It could be by even more after the draft and when Harrngton is replaced.

So seeing that the corp of this team won't really take off for another 2-3 years it won't really matter.

I know the season ticket holders don't want to hear that but the bottom line is that the 2007-2008 and 2008-2009 team will have more potential than the 2006-2007 team no matter who we draft.

• 1 year later...