• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Ben Gordon??

Popeye

Well if that's indeed the case, a Harrington for Gordon deal could very well end up being the deal. I don't know why they want to get rid of him, but if I'm BK, I'm not asking why. It seems like he's won so many games for them...

Quote:

Well if that's indeed the case, a Harrington for Gordon deal could very well end up being the deal. I don't know why they want to get rid of him, but if I'm BK, I'm not asking why. It seems like he's won so many games for them...

But, how will it work in a SNT cause Ben is still on his rookie contract and Al will get bigger one.

Do they have to throw in somebody else??

• Premium Member

I think Gordon may get dealt, but the proof to that will be shown on draft night. I think who Chicago drafts will be the tell tell sign.

With their first pick, I'm fully expecting Aldridge or Bargnani.

However, if their second pick is a pure SG like Redick, Fernedez, or Brewer, then expect a changing of the guard in Chicago.

I don't want to say categorically Gordon won't be traded (anything is possible) I just find it very unlikely. Unless Chicago plans on trading for a 2 guard, i don't know who will take bens spot. Deng is not a 2, and Nocioni isn't quick enough. Hinrich plays there part time, but it would be a waste of his talents to move him there permanent.

As for trading for Harrington, I don't know why they would anymore. Nocioni has made big improvements, and I don't know that harrington is all that better than him (when you factor in the level of defense each plays).

Gordon has been on the trading block (in the media) since the Bulls drafted him. I just don't see them parting - he's too explosive a scorer.

Who can score in the post for Chicago now? We all have to admit, Al has good post moves if nothing else. Most teams see Al as a 2nd or 3rd scoring option and he's valuable at that.

Is Gordon really different then the undersized shooting guards the Hawks currently have trying to play point guard? He is more talented for sure, but unless he is a lockdown defender I think the Hawks are better off looking at someone with more playmaking skills to complement JJ.

he would be a good upgrade of the lue/salim/ivey situation...so although we NEED a big man, this would still help defensively a bit on the perimeter plus he's much much better than the others we have...

i'd do it in a heartbeat..