• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

K-Mart

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

Well I said during the free agent process that K-Mart was nothing more than a thug and bum! Guess I wasn't too far off the mark with this punk.

What really happened in Denver? Anybody know the story?

• Premium Member

I think Kmart will be acquired by the Knicks in trade.

I'm hoping it's a Steve Francis for Kmart trade...

Then that might open the door for a Al for Andre Miller deal.

However, even if it does not, which incident are you speaking of.

1. KMart dropping in on the nets last night?

2. Kmart's Body Guard hitting a fan?

3. Kmart just being an ass in general?

• Premium Member

Quote:

but unfortunately I am not at liberty to post them.

This is partly why I asked the question a few weeks ago...

"If K-mart were on the market as a free agent, with no contract, would we be interested in trying to sign him?"

You tease us too much, Chillz! We're just simple bball fans! We can't take this!

grin.gif

We should know by now, sometimes how a player performs really depends how they fit with a team.

If we had a coach that knew what he was doing, we would have a defined idea of how we want to play and we now could go get players that fit.

Why do we always have to have the coach with no experience?

I digress....carry on.

• Premium Member

Quote:

f we had a coach that knew what he was doing, we would have a defined idea of how we want to play and we now could go get players that fit.

I really don't have a problem with Woody... In fact, I'm almost sure he will coach out his contract simply because of our ownership situation...

Still..

There's about 3 things that a coach should be able to do.

1. Define Roles/ In game Substitutions/Matchups

2. X's and O's.

3. Player Development.

Woody came here with the expectation that he would be a good X's and O's guy and a good role definer.. However, he's still learning those areas. The good thing is that he has Herb Brown there to help him with that.

Where Woody has excelled is player development. A lot of the "greats" don't do this so well. They need players who are already what they should be.. That's Phil Jackson and Nellie.

When Lenny was here, he showed a mastery of #1. His in game substitutions and matchups were always excellent. His Player development sucked.

As you watch Larry Brown, LB can do both 2 and 3 very well, but his #1 is average. That's the problem he had in both NY and Indy. He couldn't define the roles right.

If you wever watch Mike Dunleavy.. He's a great #1 and #2. He does very little #3. That's the reaosn why PTL gave up on Jermaine Oneal. It's also what stunted E. Campbell's growth as a player.

Mike Fretello is simply a #2/#3. He does some parts of #1 but I would say that's his weakness. I remember in Cleveland, they had perfect game plans, but he would make the strangest rotations in the world... He didn't do that as much with the Hawks. The game plan was simple.. Give the ball to Dominique...

It's rare that you find a coach with All three qualities.

Fortunately, i think Woody's #1 and #2 can improve. I would much rather have a coach who can develop players with this young team than one who was excellent and moving X's and O's and can't.

I have a friend who is a Timberwolf fan..Apparently there has been some speculation up there about a NY/Denver/Minny 3way..

Starbury to Minny

KMart to NY

Griffin/Jaric/Hudson to Denver

It works under the trade checker and seems to make sense for all parties.

• Admin

it's entirely possible that the option may be available to us, and other teams, in the forthcoming free agent season.

also.. waived might not be the best word to use. Lets just say that it might be a very NFL like situation. Which could play into the favor of teams in our position. If we were interested mind you.

I really don't understand what is being implied here but all I can say is that K-Mart is only worth about 30% of what he is making and that is if he's healthy. On top of that, he somewhat duplicates a player we already have in Josh Smith.

• Premium Member

Actually,

I think Kmart's injury is what is the scariest thing in my eyes. I look at him and I see Penny Hardaway trying to play through it. It might not be that bad, but at the same time, i wouldn't give him a large deal.

The other thing is Does he duplicate Smoove? I think that he's a little different. Unlike Smoove, I believe that he can defend the post.

• Moderators

His contract will be voided for conduct detrimental to the team. That's what I'm interpreting with no knowledge of the situation. Its the TO deal.

I agree. If he can play on the knee I'd sign him. We could use him, but his injury sounds serious.