• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Bargnani and Sene

DrReality

Funny you should post that I was just looking at it and thinking the same thing.

Going into free agency with a ton of cash and

?/Lue

JJ/Salim

Marvin/Chill

Smith/Bargnani

Zaza/Sene

would be nice. Still looking for a PG and another big.

Quote:

and billy would be god in atl

Yeah right!

Here's what you'd hear: Billy drafted another SF who's sure to be the next big euro bust, and he drafted another bust in the second that'll probably never be NBA caliber.

Don't expect any draft to get an overwhelmingly positive response in this town

Quote:

Quote:

and billy would be god in atl

Yeah right!

Here's what you'd hear: Billy drafted another SF who's sure to be the next big euro bust, and he drafted another bust in the second that'll probably never be NBA caliber.

Don't expect any draft to get an overwhelmingly positive response in this town

sad, but true frown.gif

Quote:

Sene is a player that is probably more than a year away from being a big minute contributor. Right now, he represents size and potential, but he's very raw according to reports.

But do the Hawks plan on making a playoff push next year anyway?

If anyone thinks that draft would be bad then they are overly pessimistic or have a grudge against international prospects. Sene would right away have the longest wing span in the NBA and with his size and tenacity on defense he could be the next Mutombo. Bargnani at worst would be a better scorer than Zaza Pachulia. At best, he could be an NBA all-star.

That draft would never happen. First of all, Sene is a 1st round pick especially after he does his workouts if anyone is bold enough to challenge him. And Bargnani is a top 4-5 pick and we won't be that lucky in the lottery.

Quote:

Quote:

Sene is a player that is probably more than a year away from being a big minute contributor. Right now, he represents size and potential, but he's very raw according to reports.

But do the Hawks plan on making a playoff push next year anyway?

If anyone thinks that draft would be bad then they are overly pessimistic or have a grudge against international prospects. Sene would right away have the longest wing span in the NBA and with his size and tenacity on defense he could be the next Mutombo. Bargnani at worst would be a better scorer than Zaza Pachulia. At best, he could be an NBA all-star.

That draft would never happen. First of all, Sene is a 1st round pick especially after he does his workouts if anyone is bold enough to challenge him. And Bargnani is a top 4-5 pick and we won't be that lucky in the lottery.

KB is exactly right on this. Sene is likely years - not one one year, but three plus years - away from making a meaningful contribution in the NBA. Think of him as a less developed Diop or Mbenga. The reality is there are legions of players with NBA level athleticism that never develop. Sene may develop into a player, but he has a long road to travel before that is the case.

You can't just project someone into greatness because they have long arms. What ever happened to Badiane (sp? - drafted a few years ago)?

I'd love to see us get Sene (as long as we get another big for immediate help next year). A Bargnani/Sene draft sounds great. Realistically though - I think we'd have to figure a way to move our 2nd round pick into the mid-late 1st. I can't see a team like PHX, with 2 first round picks, not grabbing Sene with the later one as a project.

Of course another way of looking at a Bargnani/Sene draft is - could either of these guys help us next year with out main problem of interior presence? The answer might be no. As far as being a banging big, Bargnani may never be any better that Sheldon W.

Well NBADraft.net has a even sweeter deal for the Hawks. They have us picking Bargnani & Rajon Rondo. I highly doubt Rondo would slip into the 2ndround but if he did we would be fools to pass over him. While I don't think Rondo will fall that far but what if he was still available around the 26thpick? The Lakers hold the 26thpick which they got from the Heat. Would you trade Tyronn Lue for the 26thpick and draft Rondo and then try to sign Mike James this summer? or could we secure the 26thpick by trading our 33rdpick and a future 2ndrounder?

Yeah Blunt - I think that kind of creativity will be a must this offseason. BK will need to have his contingency plans in place and be ready to act when a value player drops into an area that we can get to (kind of like Denver in the NFL draft).

Chances are a couple talents will drop just due to teams drafting for need. And we havta remember - no 1st next year unless we are bottom 3.

Another thought on Bargnani...would he really fit with the Hawks? I mean why draft a guy like him when it looks like his skills are already here with JS? Last year JS struggled with perimeter shooting, this year he improved a lot. He has excellent mechanics on his shot and seems to be motivated to improve. One would think (hope) that with another offseason's work and the added confidence from this year, he will be even better next year. That makes JS a rebounding, shot blocking, perimeter shooting SF who plays aggressively. What more could Bargnani be? JS isn't 7' but he probably will play as big as Bargnani. Neither is a sure defender at the SF now.

Wouldn't it be best to continue to develop JS as our SF and hunt for a real PF? Unless we are able to upgrade at the center position from Zaza (which looks like it will be harder than getting a solid PF), why would we want to duplicate positions again? The only way I would see taking Bargnani is if BK feels he can come in and provide the inside presence we need at the PF position. I know this somewhat contradicts my previous post, but I think this is clearer thinking (had a little more coffee smirk.gif)

Definitely an interesting question.

Drafting Bargnani means adding another talented forward, which is good when viewed in a vacuum, but bad when you consider the fact that the Hawks last for first round draft picks were for forwards.

Drafting Bargnani means Smoove or Marvin pretty much has to be traded to fill the gaps in the roster at the point and center positions.

BK would need to decide whether he likes a forward tandem of Bargnani and either Smoove or Marvin (with Childress in reserve) or Smoove and Marvin.

For some reason, some people on this board seem to get upset when you mention these facts.

Quote:

Well NBADraft.net has a even sweeter deal for the Hawks. They have us picking Bargnani & Rajon Rondo. I highly doubt Rondo would slip into the 2ndround but if he did we would be fools to pass over him. While I don't think Rondo will fall that far but what if he was still available around the 26thpick? The Lakers hold the 26thpick which they got from the Heat. Would you trade Tyronn Lue for the 26thpick and draft Rondo and then try to sign Mike James this summer? or could we secure the 26thpick by trading our 33rdpick and a future 2ndrounder?

why can't the Hawks pull an NFL type move and trade up to get Rondo? that would make sense to me. there has to be some pieces there to make it work.

Agree 100% Mud. But it's gotta be so tempting. 7' - 7'8" wingspan, apparently athletic and coordinated and just learning the game. You gotta figure if he'da been born in the U.S and come up through a decent HS and some college he's be a lottery pick.

Timing is everything.

Agreed. Obviously he has potential but it is real difficult to pin any sort of hope on him as far as becoming the teams interior defensive presence.

I rather draft a prospect a little further along in the development stage like Patrick O'Bryant (even though he is far from a sure thing as well).