• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Woodson on 680 The Fan This Afternoon

clrumph

Quote:

Remember, this article was from last year..I only posted it to show Bravo the BK did personally scout euro players..Maybe BK has tempered his vision since then..

Ok well there you go.

Like I said, BK made it very clear that our issue is lack of big men, and Bernie made it very clear that no SF's are wanted now. Even a guy with a BPA mentality is going to realize when too much is too much.

Quote:

Quote:

Remember, this article was from last year..I only posted it to show Bravo the BK did personally scout euro players..Maybe BK has tempered his vision since then..

Ok well there you go.

Like I said, BK made it very clear that our issue is lack of big men, and Bernie made it very clear that no SF's are wanted now. Even a guy with a BPA mentality is going to realize when too much is too much.

Let us hope that is the case.

I still am having trouble envisioning how the Hawks give time to all their forwards if they draft someone like Thomas, Bargnani or Williams. Aldridge, Splitter and O'Bryant you can at least make the argument that they can play minutes at center. I know Al will likely be out of the equation but Smoove, Marvin and Childress will all need more minutes to see exactly what it is they can do.

It all kind of fits. BK will take the best player available and MAKE him fit into a role that he doesn't match. And so we get people like Jason Terry and Boris Diaw who can't fit the square hole in Atlanta. They fail here and have to go somewhere else where they are valued for the role they CAN do.

Yeh ... real scary.

Quote:

Let's face it Aldridge is the ideal guy but we aren't getting the #1 pick in the draft. Not this franchise.

Good to know we are looking at a big guy so that means we will land either Thomas, Bargnani, or Shelden Williams. Guaranteed to get one of them with the 6th or 7th pick.

actually this would be the year we get the #1.... there is really nobody worthy of a #1 in this draft.

let's hope we can either get Alrdidge or Billy can trade this pick for an established star.

I don't love Woody and wouldn't mind seeing him get replaced, but I gotta take his back on this one.

I heard the same interview and Woodson didn't say that he didn't know if Noah had declared. He just said he wished Noah were in the upcoming draft. Also, after Buck asked if Woody had ever seen a big man run the floor like that, he answered "no, we need him". Not, "no, we need a guy like him", he said "we need him". It was obvious to me that Woodson is DYING for some big man help. It was also clear that he is paying close attention to what IS available in this draft, and he has his mind made up on which draft picks can help us.

His comments on Noah were more about wishful thinking than they were about him being ignorant of Noah's decision on the draft.

Also remember that anything that's said in an interview about the draft could be posturing to keep other teams guessing.

The best thing about the interview was that there was a lot of positive response from callers. We need all the good Karma we can get.

Woody was talking about a big from the draft who could help us - he brought up two names, Aldridge and Noah. Why would you bring up Noah when you should know that he isn't going to be in the draft. The interviewers seemed to help him out by steering him towards the "if only" approach. Then they got on to the business of advertising the basketball camp.

• Premium Member

Quote:

personally I would hate to see us get thomas or shelden too.

Bargnani I'd be ok with

Sounds to me like you don't want a guy who can play PF right away...

That's what Williams and Thomas represents.

Part of the reason I want Williams is that I know that he can defend the position and will strengthen our defense and can be expected to play right away.

But like Frankenstien had his monster, you want to continue down the road of inevitability with blinders on hoping that we don't have to determine that the "Walter rule" is correct?

I think that's franchise destroying thinking. To pick a guy who can sit the bench for 2 to 3 yrs in leiu of a guy who can play today in his right position?

You might as well have said... " I would much rather we tank the season.."

Better yet, you can make all our enemies tremble in fear.

You could represent the Hawks and when it comes time for us to pick, you can walk up to Stern on Stage and say..

"The Hawks PASS. We don't need no filthy picks."

If Lascar were GM....

I can see it...

" We decided to pass this year because we wanted to give our young guys a chance to play out of position until they got it. We feel that this is a good move that saves money and roster space. "

grin.gif

it's a lot easier for you to argue when you just put words in other people's mouths, huh?

I don't want Shelden because I think he is too short for his game to translate to the NBA level, and I don't want Ty Thomas because he is too much of a Josh Smith clone and I would like to get someone taller.

Quote:

it's a lot easier for you to argue when you just put words in other people's mouths, huh?

I don't want Shelden because I think he is too short for his game to translate to the NBA level, and I don't want Ty Thomas because he is too much of a Josh Smith clone and I would like to get someone taller.

Well you don't have to worry about Ty Thomas because he's going to be a top 3 pick. I'd take Shelden over Ty Thomas. I'm not on his bandwagon like Diesel, but the fact of the matter is he's a whole lot more solid in mass than Ty Thomas who is only 215 pounds. Shelden Williams is the size of Elton Brand.

• Premium Member

Uhm?? Why do you think I'm on his bandwagon??

I said if we can't get Aldridge, we should get Shelden Williams and my reasoning is pretty much the same as yours. He's got size, can play right away and IS a PF.

I love how you guys try to separate yourself from me based on an unseen scarecrow?

Who the hell cares if the head coach knows if Noah declared or not??? I could understand if it were knight we're talking about but woodson is the COACH!!! He coaches the players AFTER they're drafted!!!

This is ridiculous!