• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woody is on 790 the zone right now

Johnnybravo4

Guest Walter

As much as I like to see ex-hawks do well elsewhere, it sends a bad message about the Hawks, management and coaching when they do.

W

whatever - we've heard all this before...Most of the Hawks fans wanted Diaw gone, because his style didn't fit the type of team we had that year, and he didn't adjust. It was his ticket out of here. We wouldn't even hear this talk about Diaw if Kurt Thomas and Amare Stoudamire were at near full health because he would be sitting on the bench.

Well he isn't sitting on the bench is he?What type of team did the Hawks have last year? What was their style? Diaw isn't the first or will be the last former Hawk who will thrive in a better organization.Yes we heard all this before and we will continue to hear it until the Hawks front office is upgraded. It truly is sad.

And he would fail at that role because he wouldn't have a quickness advantage against NBA guards like he has against NBA forwards/ centers. the fact is that he would see as little playing time as he saw in ATL his last season if Kurt Thomas and Amare were playing because they would eat up the minutes. He isn't going to take James Jones minutes because he would be a liability at James Jones position.

They were a young team without a PG who needed a guy with PG skills like Diaw to run the offense, his speed disadvantage against NBA guards already goes against him there, and it was just too much for him not to shoot the damn ball when he was open on top of that.

I like Diaw but I 'm not too stupid to overlook the legitimate reasons he was shipped out of here. I always defended Diaw while he was here but I was souring on him as the season went on that year, and I have no remorse about losing Diaw. Diaw was the only piece selected by Knight that didn't fit so far, and he was a piece selected by Knight for a team that he didn't build, it was for Babcock's team.

The fact is no most improved player for Diaw if Kurt and Amare played 30 mpg. Period. He wouldn't see more than 15 mpg.

• Premium Member

of our GM and front office. Excuses, Excuses! I was all for drafting Marvin Williams myself but I WAS WRONG, and maybe he will be a pretty good player but he showed NOTHING this year. There is talk about his age, but what about other young players i.e. Chris Paul and Dwight Howard?

The future, the future, blah, blah. Bottom line is BK will not get it done and this franchise is in a mess. I been with the Hawks sine 1978 and the state of this franchise is a mess from Ownership to GM to coach!

I don't see enough improvement over the last three years. Congrats Boris for getting out of the hole in Atlanta!

Appreciate your opinion Vol...but you have to realize (as do many on this board)...that Diaw is merely a flash in the pan. This year was a fluke and once Amare comes back next year he will be relegated to the bench. Once there he will quickly become dissatisfied and will threaten to go back to France.

There is always the possiblity that some foolish team will offer him a big contract, but if they do they will have made a big mistake because he obviously can't tie his shoes without an assist from Nash.

The guys a loser and our future is much more secure without him ob the team - lucky we got rid of him! smirk.gif