• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What are the chances that we keep our lotto pick

Admin

this year? I would say pretty slim. There is a very good chance that the only player who could probably start from day 1 for us, Aldrige, while still being worthy of a top pick, will be gone by the time our pick comes up. I am assuming we will end up picking 5th.

However, there is plenty of talented players in the top part of the draft that some teams will want to get their hands on. We know that we need big man help, so I am guessing that we will look to move our lotto pick for a quality big man, or two, and maybe that teams 1st rounder.

The question is, who might be looking to move up to the top of the lottery and who has a starting caliber big man to give up for that?

I remember someone in the organization mentioning that they would definitely look into possibly trading the pick, I think it was bernie mullin.

I would say there's a 40% chance that we trade.

The problem is that we want to trade because there's no immediate impact awesome talent. I think that is the same reason that it will be hard to trade.

I can't see us really trading for 2 picks this year instead of 1. We are so young already.

If we trade the pick I hope that we get a veteran and a pick, either this year or next.

Quote:

I remember someone in the organization mentioning that they would definitely look into possibly trading the pick, I think it was bernie mullin.

I would say there's a 40% chance that we trade.

Interesting Lasc...I got to listen to Woody's whole radio interview on the way home last night. Some guy called in and asked the same old question as far as "why don't we give PHX our 1st round pick THIS year".

Woddy's response was that he felt there were very talented big men in this draft in the positions 1 thru 15. I didn't really think much of it at the time but now it makes me think either:

A.) They are thinking about a trade-down (therefore looking at picks down to the 15th spot...or

B.) Woody doesn't realize that the Hawks can't fall below the 7th pick no matter what.

(Hopefully the answer is A)

I would like to hope it's A), but if he gave that response and didn't mention the fact that we don't even have the option of giving phoenix our pick this year, I'm inclined to believe he isn't exactly in the know. Especially with not knowing that Noah was out.

The organization made it very clear that they're very hands off with Woody in terms of letting him do what he wants. Maybe Woody just does the same for BK and lets him worry about it. We know that they met and Woody told BK what he thinks we need (big + PG, veterans), but maybe beyond that Woody isn't paying close attention and id just waiting to see what happens.

I hope that's the case, cause he sure doesn't seem to know too much.

I definitely do think BK will be considering all options. My overall biggest impression from the meeting with Bernie was that while BK keeps a stone face in public, he does a lot behind the scenes and is very shrewd. He's arrogant, and he gambled on the marvin pick, but he's no fool. There is no doubt that he will listen to trade down offers. Hell he tried to trade down with charlotte last year

Bigs + PG + veterans, our offseason Trifecta. I'm willing to use Al, our lotto pick, Salim, Donta, Ivey, and maybe even Chillz to make that happen. I'd say Lue too assuming we get a vet guard somewhere in the process to fill that void. After watching players like Devin Harris, Raja Bell, Marquis Daniels and LBarbosa have success, we could use some explosive 6'3-6'5 type guards. Guys that can handle the ball against pressure and D-up their man.