• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Had Childress...

thesheedera

I voted less productive because I don't think he could have gotten the PT Boris did. When Kurt and Amare went down, they HAD to try Boris at the 4/5. I don't think they would have done that with Chill.

Chill is the better player, but doesn't fit Phoenix as well

Diaw's been great there, but I think Childress would likely have been even better, because IMO he's a better player than Boris Diaw.

And that system and that style of play is highly conducive to racking up great stats, so who knows what kind of numbers Childress could have put up in that system? I bet they'd have been awesome, even better than Diaw's.

You're probably right, but did you ever imagine that Diaw would be a 4/5? I don't think its any more unlikely that if by desperation they tried it with Boris, they might also have felt forced to try it with Childress.

Is Diaw slightly taller than Chill?

Diaw is playing the way I envision Childress playing at his very best. Something solid across the board like 15, 8 and 5.

Chill would be way better.

He would average about 18 points and 10 rebounds per game and have Marion like numbers in future.

Chill moves better without the ball

and he is a better shooter than Diaw is so Chill would get a lot of open looks and knock down tons of 3 pointers.

I am telling you he would be up there with Marion like numbers.

Chillz is a better rebounder, long range shooter, and dunker..Boris is better at practically everything else plus has more beef..I agree, I doubt they would have tried Chillz inside like they did Boris..

The Boris Diaw situation does raise an interesting question..How many "smaller" guys might flourish if they were allowed to play inside..I read a Ben Wallace article awhile back where he stated how frustrated he was at Washington because after years of playing the 4/5 in highschool and college they forced him to play the 3 because he was only 6'7"..Alot of the 6'6" to 6'9" guys that are forced to the wing in the pros have spent their entire basketball lives playing inside and some are really quite good at it regardless of their size..If a Bill Russell(who was really only 6'8") came along today would he be forced to play the wing?.Barkley was a dominant 4 even though he has admitted he is only 6'4"..

• Premium Member

Never watches Chillz in College.

He played with a guy similar to Nash (Hernandez)... in that he was a pure PG... and he played with guys who were shooters.. Lollitich... was a shooter... Hernandez was a shooter. JChillz was the guy who ran the break, ran the team, rebounded... did it all. Hell, last year, Chillz showed that his rebounding was not a fluke.

I think Chillz would easily fit in in Phoenix where they run all day to cause matchup difficulties. That's basically what Monty did.

Quote:

Chill would be way better.

He would average about 18 points and 10 rebounds per game and have Marion like numbers in future.

Chill moves better without the ball

and he is a better shooter than Diaw is so Chill would get a lot of open looks and knock down tons of 3 pointers.

I am telling you he would be up there with Marion like numbers.

all the more reason to tell the Diaw Nuthuggers to piss off!

Quote:

...How many "smaller" guys might flourish if they were allowed to play inside..I read a Ben Wallace article awhile back where he stated how frustrated he was at Washington because after years of playing the 4/5 in highschool and college they forced him to play the 3 because he was only 6'7"..Alot of the 6'6" to 6'9" guys that are forced to the wing in the pros have spent their entire basketball lives playing inside and some are really quite good at it regardless of their size..If a Bill Russell(who was really only 6'8") came along today would he be forced to play the wing?.Barkley was a dominant 4 even though he has admitted he is only 6'4"..

Tmac...That's one of my pet peaves about thee "size slotting" that the NBA does now. I was absolutely convinced that Ryan Gomes would be a solid inside NBA player (although I didn't think he'd be starting in his first year. He had proven that he had the skills and could be a force in a great conference. Still, he dropped way down the draft because he was 6'7" instead of 6'9". Barkley is a great example of this type of thing, as well as Adreian Dantley.

• Admin

his position is smoke and mirrors. He might stand in the 4 or 5 spot in their lineup. But it is based entirely on generating offense. He is NOT a 4 or a 5 and everyone should know that. Having a guy of his skillset at the position creates nightmares for opposing defenses (sometimes). But as we saw in the Lakers series and in the Clippers series so far, he doesn't match up against real 4's or 5's when the opposing team is able to stop phoenix from dictacting tempo.