At least BK is happy....

TnDawg

Quote:

Howard

Okafur

Gordon

Livingston

Harris

All these guys would still go ahead of Chillz..

Deng

Iggy

Nelson

Smoove

Jefferson

Telfair

These are all guys that should have been taken ahead of Chillz in retrospect..

Then you have guys like

Duhon

Harrison

Varejao

Martin

I think you're overstating it a little. The top 5 still goes ahead of Chill, and probably Deng, Iguodala, and Smoove. I think Chill goes 9. What has jefferson done? Not much at all, still just potential. What has telfair done? I don't think Nelson goes before him either. And no way Duhon, Harrison, Varejao and Martin go ahead of him either. They're all better than expected, but still not as high as chill.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wouldn't take Nelsons 15 points and 5 assists ahead of Chillz?..Do you think Portland would trade Telfair for Chillz?..Hell no they wouldn't. Would Ainge trade Jefferson for Chillz?..NO ..Jefferson averaged 8 and 5 in 18 minutes, Chillz gives you 10 and 5 in 30..

I am not saying Chillz is a bust, but in a strong draft there is no way he was worthy of the 6th pick.

Guest Walter

I've heard Bush is actually severely lacking in confidence and thereby necessitates "loyal", yet often powerful, yes-men.

The level of arrogance in that interview was astounding. I would never expect him to say "I made a mistake drafting so and so over so and so" or whatever, but acknowledge that mistakes can be made in this complex process or that good ideas can come from anywhere (not just me).

I agree, terrifying.

W

I second that, Tmac. To say we as fans have no right to question and criticize the GM of a team that has won as many playoff games in the last seven years as I have is total bullsh!t to say the least. That's like going to a restaurant, getting lousy service and undercooked food, only for the manager to turn his/her nose up to you and several others who are also complaining and say 'I know more about food than you do so just pay for your meals and get the hell out before I call security'. Would you be willing to make a return appearance there? No, but you sure as hell will tell any and everyone within the sound of your voice not to venture anywhere near the vicinity.

Hate to break the news to you KB, but Billy Knight doesn't get a pass here. He, nor the Hawks for that matter, have earned enough points on their beacon score to get the benefit of the doubt. Last I checked, this team still hasn't selected an All-Star from the draft since Kevin Willis back in 1984. Sure, his draft picks have been better than those of Kasten's and Babcock's but what the hell is that really saying? As I stated earlier, either of us could've made better picks during the same time period than Babs in his best wet dream. The fact that there are people on this board still debating the merits of the last two lottery selections BK made speaks enough volumes to write a novel by Oliver Stone. I can go on the limb and say that there aren't NEARLY as many folks in Philly or Chicago wishing they had traded up for Childress instead of getting Iguodala or Deng like there are here. And the fact of the matter of getting Williams is also debatable. Fact is, Joe Johnson WASN'T a done deal for leaving Phoenix when the draft took place so to say that the team didn't need to draft a point guard is just plain stupid. I'll be the first to the confession pew if Williams becomes the next KG or even McGrady for that matter but if he becomes the next 'insert failed Hawks draft pick here', BK had better have his Monster and Career Builder accounts up to date.

I still don't see everyone's fascination with Deng and Iguodala. Both are streaky, Deng cant stay healthy, and both have bigger roles on their team than Chills had. I guarantee that if Harrington doesn't play on this team and chills starts, he'd probably avg the same as Iguodala and Deng.

Quote:

I still don't see everyone's fascination with Deng and Iguodala.

One word - Potential.

Quote:

Both are streaky,

Agreed - although Deng was much more consistent this year.

Quote:

Deng cant stay healthy,

Deng broke his wrist last year and missed 20 games, but he played in 78 of 82 games this year. Not sure how that qualifies as not staying healthy. Chill only played in 74, can't he stay healthy?

Quote:

and both have bigger roles on their team than Chills had.

Deng is a third or fourth option on the Bulls (Behind Hinrich, Gordon, Nocioni). Iggy plays behind Iverson and Webber.

Quote:

I guarantee that if Harrington doesn't play on this team and chills starts, he'd probably avg the same as Iguodala and Deng.

Guarantee all you want, but I find it hard to believe that Chill is going to be averaging 15 & 7 next year. He's already playing 30 minutes a game so its not as if he's not getting time.

deng3ml.jpg

iggy7sz.jpg

Guest Walter

Quote:

He became a better all around player this year, and that's why his PER rating went from 15.20 in 2004 to 15.83 in 2005. Josh's assists went up, his shooting percentage went up, his three point shooting percentage went up, and his true shooting percentage was among the best in the NBA.

Agree. Those are all perimeter skills that JS improved. Who goes to the bench between MW, JS, and our likely drafted forward?

W

You posting of the head to head comparison proves that there is no appreciable difference in the three. Expecially in the case of Iguodala, who plays 7 minutes more that Childress.

You also have to consider that Childress has a fundamentally different role than the other two have.

Quote:

You posting of the head to head comparison proves that there is no
appreciable difference
in the three. Expecially in the case of Iguodala, who plays 7 minutes more that Childress.

You also have to consider that Childress has a fundamentally different role than the other two have.

That ridiculous. Take another look at the numbers. Deng outscores Chill by 40%, Out reboounds him by 20%, is a noticably better defender, and has helped lead his team to the playoffs 2 straight years. Childress gets outscored by his opponent an average of 5 points per game, Deng is a +4.

How is Chills role any different than Dengs?

You are killing me with the percentages. He scores 4 points more and rebounds 1 more per game, in more minutes. The Bulls also actually run plays for Deng, as opposed to us running no plays for Childress. Childress shoots a better percentage, and avgs more spg than Deng. There is no difference, but if you actually went to some games and watched some games, and stopped looking at fantasy based statistical websites, then you would realize that.

By the way, are you a bookie or something?

Quote:

You are killing me with the percentages. He scores 4 points more and rebounds 1 more per game, in more minutes. The Bulls also actually run plays for Deng, as opposed to us running no plays for Childress. Childress shoots a better percentage, and avgs more spg than Deng.
There is no difference, but if you actually went to some games and watched some games
, and stopped looking at fantasy based statistical websites, then you would realize that.

By the way, are you a bookie or something?

I have league pass and a DVR. I watched roughly 60 Bulls games and 10-15 Hawks games. So don't try that BS argument on me.

Deng is a better defender.

Deng is a better scorer.

Deng has better handles.

Deng is a better rebounder.

Deng has a higher PER.

Deng has a better +/-.

The only player on the Bulls who truly has plays run for him is Ben Gordon. Deng gets his points in the flow of the offense like nearly every other player on the team not named Gordon.

If you were to put a survey of GM's or fans I believe overwhelmingly they would choose Deng as the better player.

FYI - Steals is about the most misleading stat in all of basketball.

No not a bookie - why you need my to lay some odds?

• Moderators

Quote:

If you were to put a survey of GM's or fans I believe overwhelmingly they would choose Deng as the better player.

I agree with this. Deng's value is clearly higher than Childress's right now. The only thing Chills has going for him over Deng is offensive efficiency. I don't think the two players are miles apart or anything but Deng has the edge right now by most measures.

Quote:

Quote:

I agree with this. Deng's value is clearly higher than Childress's right now. The only thing Chills has going for him over Deng is offensive efficiency. I don't think the two players are miles apart or anything but Deng has the edge right now by most measures.

All I am saying is that it is 6 on one side and half dozen on the other.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

All I am saying is that it is 6 on one side and half dozen on the other.

I'd call it 7 on one side and 5 on the other for my personal opinion.