• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If Portland keeps the pick... Would you consider..

Diesel

• Premium Member

If the draft lottery fix does not take PTL down..

What would you think of this draft day trade?

#1 overall/Jarrett Jack for Marvin/our second round pick.

Why it makes sense for PTL.

PTL needs a swingman who can open up the floor. Darius Miles is history... needed to be History.

There's talk about Morrison, but Morrison might not be athletic enough on this level.

Marvin is from Washington... He could easily garner fan support. Marvin may be better than Larmarcus Aldridge or Morrison based on potential.

PTL also has three PGs and may look to clear up some space in that area.

For Atlanta...

We get #1 pick to take either Aldridge or Noah (if he comes out)...

And we'd still have picks 4-7 to pick another player... I say either Roy or Landlord.

We clear up duplication. In the process, we get a few players who fit our needs.

JJ/JJ/JS/LA/ZP....

unless we get Roy... Not to mention, I think Landlord could probably be our PF and LA our C.

JJ/JJ/JS/SW/LA...

Given the report that they might trade down, wouldn't it make more sense to trade picks with Seatle and pick up one of their big men in the process?

We trade 1st rounder, and our 2nd too to Seatle for

their first rounder, #10 and Petro or Robert Swift, probably Petro since he was a late first rounderr. If they keep Wilcoox they could move one of them.

More than likely one of the players mentioned, Foye, Roy or Williams would be there and we pick up a young big man.

I think trading down in this draft might be better than moving up. I don't think there are any distinct stars in this draft. Aldridge is more appealing to us more for his position than skills, IMO. He's certainly long and versatile but he is light and a little soft as well. I wouldn't mind moving down and picking up an additional veteran. DrReality mentioned Petro which could be a possibility although I haven't seen much of him. Here's a list of some young PF/C on late lottery teams:

Ike Diogu - GS

Andris Biedrins - GS

Al Jefferson - Boston

Johan Petro - Seattle

Robert Swift - Seattle

Nick Collison - Seattle

Darko Milicic - Orlando

*To be honest, I was kind of jealous of Orlando getting Milicic after I watched him a few times. He certainly has talent and size. I'm hoping Woodson knows something we don't which is why we didn't make a move for him for basically nothing.

• Admin

In such a SF heavy draft, why would they trade the #1 pick for last years #2 pick? Which is essentially the meat of the deal. No real benefit for them there. They can just keep their pick and use is according to their desires.

Noah isn't going to come out. He's not ready to play against men, mentally or physically.

• Premium Member

Marvin/Salim for JJack/1st overall.

One of the questions asked is...

Why doesn't portland trade down and take one of the Sfs available.

The answer is that none of those Sfs have the potential that Marvin has. Gay has motivation problems. Morrison is questionable speed and defense on this level. I like Carney, but he's not 6'8-6'9.

Another question asked...

Why doesn't PTL just trade down with SEA and take one of thier Bigs in the process.

Well, mainly because they have Theo and are looking to resign Priz.. (or atleast Pryz has made it none that he would like to stay in PTL.

Another concern...

Diesel just wants to trade Marvin

Actually, this is the application of the Walt (25%) rule. Maybe Marvin does have potential of all our players who we are willing to part with Marvin has the most value... and Value is something that will be required to get the #1 pick overall.

Plus, I haven't heard anybody talking about Aldridge as being a bad pick.

Hell.. Think of the combination of picks we could get with our two picks...

Aldridge/Roy.

Aldridge/Bargain Man.

Aldridge/S. Williams.

I look at this as being the same type deal that BK made with us when they sent Reef to Atlanta for #3 and other players.

I think it's the only real way that we can get what we really need out of this draft.

Just imagine a frontcourt with JSmoove/Aldridge.

It's entirely possible. One of the biggest blunders that Portland made is signing Randolph to that huge contract (along with not ditching DMiles as of yet and drafting Telfair just to sell luxury suites to Adidas).

As for the Marvin/2nd swap for Portland's 1st/Jack, I dunno. I agree that Aldridge fits our desire for a big but he might not fill the NEED for a banger down low. And if there's even any question in a deal involving Marvin I wouldn't pull the trigger.