• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do You guys think that ZAZA can get any better?

Wurider05

Zaza will avg 18/8 next year and everyone will gush on how we magically got a "center". It is funny how everyone here is criticizing Zaza for not being a "Shot blocking" intimidating center, then in the same breath tell you that shot blocking means absolutely nothing. Make up y'all damn minds!

Quote:

Zaza will avg 18/8 next year and everyone will gush on how we magically got a "center". It is funny how everyone here is criticizing Zaza for not being a "Shot blocking" intimidating center, then in the same breath tell you that shot blocking means absolutely nothing. Make up y'all damn minds!

If Zaza averages 18 i'll eat my shorts.

And the facts that Zaza isn't a shot blocker and gets his shot blocked constantly are big problems no matter how much his apologists try to deny it.

You guys are wondering if Zaza can get better but throwing Marvin/Smoove under the bus? What a joke!

Zaza is a nice player for what we gave up to get him but by no means should we pass on a big man in the draft for him. In the future, when this team reaches it's prime he could be a nice big man off the bench.

Not me man. Target someone else. I am a big Marvin supporter (but I hope he'll be more agressive next year). And Smoove exceeded everyone's expectations. But that doesn't mean Zaza can't get better too. I have hope for all the young guys.

Bingo Bus:

Quote:

Zaza is a nice player for what we gave up to get him but by no means should we pass on a big man in the draft for him. In the future, when this team reaches it's prime he could be a nice big man off the bench.

He's a hard working young man who is still finding his way and his game. Nevertheless we do not pass on any bigs because we have Zaza in the nest. Any improvements to his game will be a plus.

MW may have been holding him back a bit this last year (maybe a comment like "do your best to stay out of fould trouble...we're thin in the post"), I dunno - just a guess and a hopeful one at that. If that were the case Zaza might get more aggressive on defense when there is better depth. I think that's likely a stretch though.

What I'd really like to see him do is improve his mid-range jumper and start the games next year beside a real PF.

Quote:

MW may have been holding him back a bit this last year (maybe a comment like "do your best to stay out of fould trouble...we're thin in the post"), I dunno - just a guess and a hopeful one at that. If that were the case Zaza might get more aggressive on defense when there is better depth. I think that's likely a stretch though.

What I'd really like to see him do is improve his mid-range jumper and start the games next year beside a real PF.

I think Marvin was holding back. I honestly questioned all that hype around him being the best athlete in the draft until he had that outbust at the end of the season.

I watched him go coast to coast a couple of times and scratched my head thinking "where the hell did that come from?"

Zaza should be a part of our future but a part of the future bench. Man if we could convince Zaza and JChill to re-sign with us as bench players we would actually have one of the better benches in the future.