• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

$5 to any1 who cites 1 finals team with 2 start Sf

Guest Walter

• Premium Member

Phoenix's Centers during Barkley days were, Mark West, Oliver Miller... and there was one other.

They ran a three guard set with KJ... and 2 other fast three point shooters...

I don't think they had Ceballos during the Barkley championship run. He was either in LAL or at lake Habesu... I just wanted to get that in.. he might have been a Sun...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

There is no such thing as two starting Small forwards. Somebody must be a power forward. But what is your criteria for who is a SF or a PF? Is it height? Is it weight? Is it some of both? Is Dennis Rodman a power forward or SF? What is Elton Brand? Was Karl Malone 6'9? How about James Worthy? Barkley? Was Hakeem a PF or a center? How about Bill Russell? Wasn't he about 6'9?

Well how about skill sets? Doesn't Al have PF skill sets? But he is 6'9. How about Dirk? He's 7 ft, but does he have a PF or a Center's game?

The point is that it is totally subjective. Detroit doesn't have a size problem because they win. We do because we don't win. The same goes for Phoenix, and the Clippers (unless you think Kaman is an elite center)

But I'll give you an answer, the 97 Bulls. Lineup

Kerr

Jordan

Pippen

Rodman

Longley

2 SF Pippen and Rodman

There you go. My charity

Hosea Williams feed the Hungry

http://www.hoseafeedthehungry.org

Jordan was a SG up until he got old and slow with the Wizards. He wasn't a SF with the Bulls - he was the ideal SG.

I'm an idiot. I completely misread what you posted.

• Premium Member

Quote:

They never traded Jackson for Rose. You are delusional. If you don't know what the team was like that year then here is an idea don't post about it.

I love when jokers start feeling themselves too much and say dumb stuff like what's above... let's see if he can practice what he preachers...

from the Mark Jackson player file...

Quote:

Traded by the Pacers with Ricky Pierce and a 1996 first-round pick to the Denver Nuggets for Jalen Rose, Reggie Williams and a 1996 first-round pick on 6/13/96.

Read before you speak.

Maybe you don't remember this because you were 7. But I remember this trade without the help of wikipedia...

• Premium Member

Sure.. you corrected me.. correcting you.

First you give a messed up Blazer lineup with Clyde Drexler being Sf and Jerome Kersey being Pf. (Didn't I correct you there?)

Then you come out and say that the Phoenix team had Tom Chambers playing C. ( didn't I correct you there).

Then you said Dale Davis was a Sf ( I tried to correct you there.. but then you said that Croshere was the asterisk.. however, you invalidated McKey because he came off the bench... but you want to keep Croshere)..

Then you said that Jalen Rose was never traded for Mark Jackson (Didn't I correct you there).

The point is you have been wrong up and down and all around...

I may have the numbers off a little. I'm not looking at a stat page, but going primarily from memory... However, I'm still more right than you.

You speak as an 8th grader trying to tell somebody who went to a went to seasons of games about the league back then...

I can tell you about John Drew and Bernard King. I can tell you about tree Rollins. I can share with you about Moses Malone playing for the foul and the night he shot 18 free throws.

I can tell you about Nique vs. Jordan and how both guys would cherry pick until the 4th quarter when Jordan would play a little defense.

So yeah.. get your pocket protector and google the things I'm talking about. But until I show up on beat the Swami, I may be a little off on the numbers...

• Premium Member

Quote:

Rodman played almost exclusively at the sf spot at Detroit and San Antonio..So yes, I saw those things.

In his later years with Detroit, he was PF.

When he got to SA, he was Pf.

The lineup was:

DRob, Rodman, Ellis, W. Anderson, Del Negro...

They also had Drob, Rodman, Elliot, Anderson, Del Negro..

I can't remember if Rodman was still there when they got AJohnson.. but Rodman was a PF.

Quote:

Phoenix's Centers during Barkley days were, Mark West, Oliver Miller... and there was one other.

They ran a three guard set with KJ... and 2 other fast three point shooters...

I don't think they had Ceballos during the Barkley championship run. He was either in LAL or at lake Habesu... I just wanted to get that in.. he might have been a Sun...

They sure did have Ceballos. He was out with an injury. They also had Richard Dumas

What's the point of this?

How about $5 for someone that can make a convincing argument that we lost more games because of Josh Smith or Marvin Williams over the fact that we had no interior defense.

Shelden Williams will give us 3 guys who are 6'9 downlow if he plays next to Smoove or Marvin but he will also offer some interior D. Something that Zaza nor Al do right now.

Guest Walter

They simply aren't. I've never seen Dale Davis or Kenyon Martin play the 3 EVER and Charles Barkley by that time was full-time down low.

W

Quote:

Phoenix could be one -

KJ

Thunder Dan *SF

Ceballos *SF

Sir Charles *one might argue him a SF, but I won't

Chambers *Not Dominant Center

Another possibility might be the Pacers:

Jackson

Miller *one might argue him a SF

Rose *SF

Davis/Croshere *SF

Smits *Not Dominant

Maybe you would agree with New Jersey:

Kidd

Kittles/Richard Jefferson *SF

KVH *SF

Kenyon

MacCulloch/Williams/Collins *Not Dominant

Guest Walter

Quote:

It was later in his career that he primarily defended the 4/5.

Which as part of Chicago would be the time in question.

W

Quote:

Which as part of Chicago would be the time in question.

So let me get this straight, a guy who for most of his career played the SF starts at the PF, that doesn't count? Because if you're looking for a team where 2 guys are literally playing the SF at the same time and no one playing the PF, by definition it can't exist. Of course one of them has to start at the PF otherwise a man is unguarded.

You asked for a lineup where 2 SF were starting, that means one of them has to line up at PF. As others mentioned, Rodman played SF most of his career. In Chicago he started with MJ and Pip, and therefore lined up at PF. The center was non-dominant Luc Longley. Rodman was smaller and much thinner than Smith, didn't have a single post move, or any offensive move for that matter.

If you don't donate to JohnnyBravo's charity you are a liar.

Rodman played the SF for most of his early career. The truth is that he is a SF/PF who specialized in rebounding, much like Smith appears to be a bigger SF/PF who specializes in dunks and blocks. Of course somewhere along the line you had to change your argument from "undersized" to two PF when the bulls example came up and now you reserve the right to assign positions.

Marvin has played 67% of his minutes at PF. I'll take it he is a PF too then right according to you?

And if Smoove (or Marvin) starts at the PF for most of the year will you say that he is a PF?

Guest Walter

Quote:

100$ to anyone who can objectively prove that Smith and Marvin are and always will be SF's.

Bear in mind that despite Al being here Josh played 17% of his time at the PF and Marvin played 67% of his minutes there, according to 82games.com

"Playing" Pf doesn't make you one.

I can objectively prove that MW and JS don't resemble NBA power forwards, in skill and, particularly the top ten variety, in height and weight. Of the the two, I can objectively prove that JS was considered a better HS prospect, was 25% better as a rookie, and is 25% better at the same age.

You "objectively prove" the NBA's 2nd leading rebounder behind Wilt Chamberlin was a Sf? Farce.

W

Here is your original quote;

Quote:

Did you ever see Rodman defend a Sf? No.

The obvious answer is yes, unless your definition of "ever" is very different from Webster's.

Then you try to say that since Rodman was one of the leading rebounders that means he had to be a 4. That has no more relevance to his position than Smoove's shotblocking has to his position.

The fact is that Rodman was a 3 that transitioned to the 4 as he got older/bigger. However he was still an undersized 4. And it is a pretty safe bet that he was MUCH smaller at 20 than Smoove is now.