• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What's the most famous NBA Arena in History?

Diesel

I voted MSG. The mecca of basketball.

IMO the only acceptable answers are MSG and Boston Garden.

MSG is still standing too. Plus NY is still the heart of the basketball universe. Hell they have the draft every year. Just a special place.

Too bad they have a horrible team.

ummm ... yes.

You didn't say winningest, you said most famous. I bet if you walk up to people at random and ask them to name an NBA arena, you get more responses of madison square garden than any other. If you ask people what arena they'd most like to visit, I bet MSG wins with Boston Garden #2 if it were still around.

Hell I bet if you asked atlantans to name an NBA arena you might get more MSG responses than Philips Arena

Havta agree on MSG and Boston Garden. I remember being up in Boston and the USO had free tickets for a Celtics game. I couldn't wait to look up at all the championship banners! As it turned out we had the highest of the nosebleed seats are were actually looking a bit DOWN on the banners. From that range we couldn't really tell who was who on either team - except the Jazz had a center named Eaton I believe - he was like 7'5", so he stood out even from that distance. Still a great time though.

I woulda loved to got a chance to see Walt Frazier at MSG!

Quote:

I think you could make a good case for either MSG or Boston, but I voted Boston just because to me it has more mystique and is more recognizeable visually.

If the real Boston Garden was still standing I would agree with you. The new arena that replaced the garden lacks the same appeal. Remember the Bruins game with the fog?

MSG wins for me, but having been there many time it really is not all that great an arena, it is dated in comparison to the Phil. There has been some efforts to build a new one but it is unlikely at this time.

• Premium Member

It's the most famous in History.

The thing about the Garden is that you would hear stories of how the Celts would cheat to win. How the floors had spots in them and the rims were soft and how the visiting Lockerroom was always hot.

MSG is famous for things other than Basketball. However, as a famous Basketball arena in history, I don't think it's as famous as the Boston Gardens.