• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The official Hawk squawk perfect team

Johnnybravo4

• Premium Member

I told you the answer as plain as day.

Walker can go to the low post and score.. Smoove hasn't been in the low post since his days at Oak Hill.

But I was interested in your true feelings on the matter buzzard... seeing that you have been opposing both me and Walt about the need for a low post player... Look what I found?

Quote:

As much as some people knock bk's philosophy on postions, I have never heard him say we do not need a talented player with heighth.
Given that Harrington, Childress, MWill, and Smoove are all under 6' 10" it makes perfect sense for us to try and grab a player who is over 6 10".

I don't think he needs to be a great shot blocker, Smoove, MWill, Chillz can take care of that and the boards as well. He will have to be a threat on the offensive end and also hold his position down low on both ends of the court.

Click

Quote:

Al is another SF on our team of SF's and if he was playing the 3 instead of the 4 he would be thought of in a higher regard for his rebounding ability.
I think most GM's see AL as a good rebounding 3, but some journalist and fans see him (and rank him) for where he is playing instead of where he should be playing.

Though his defense is weak against other PF's, there are not many SF's in this league that are capable of bullying Al down low, which I think makes him a adequate, though not perfect, defensive SF.

We are a weak defensive team primarily for two reasons, lack of defensive pressure on the ball and no true PF in our starting line-up. Though it could be argued that ZaZa is really a PF being made to play center.

No matter how you look at it, we lack a defensive stopper up high and down low...
It takes five players to play good team defense and right now our lineup usually consist of three players at their natural defensive position on the court at the same time....and at the most four.

Click2

Quote:

Quote:

Keep Al, look for a strong suitable BU like Googs and look for a PF/C project like Johnson... and let's call it!

Along with signing a resonalbly priced backup PG as you stated earlier, I would say we agree 100%. Cool!

Click3

Quote:

But I was interested in your true feelings on the matter buzzard... seeing that you have been opposing both me and Walt about the need for a low post player...

I have never opposed us needing a low post player. Hell I was on the Bogut bandwagon before you had even heard of him. I am opposed to the notion that MWill and Smoove cannot play as our forwards. And you know this is plain as day...

So go find all the post you want as to us needing a big, that is just as plain as my thoughts, that Smoove and MWill are all we need at the 3 and 4 as well....

MWill and Smoove will be a better 3/4 combination than Toine and Smoove. No doubt about it. And since we did not get Bogut last year, there is no doubt about this either, we still need a center...