• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Al/Salim for Shawn Marion.

Diesel

• Premium Member

It's a very strong possibility that Phoenix lets Marion go this offseason. They regret signing him to a max contract. They love his game. I think they'd be willing to take a cheaper Al to play PF and Move Diaw to the Sf spot permanently.

Also, Salim Stoudamire for the hometeam...

What do Hawks fans think of Getting THE MATRIX!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Apart from experience, Marion is no more a PF than Smooth is. If anything, Marion is a perfect example of how Smooth can play the PF position effectively while not being a traditional PF. He causes matchup problems on offense, he's learned how to effectively defend PF's and he doesn't have a strong post game. He can't take people off the dribble, has great hops and is a great rebounder.

Nothing against Marion. But I think we have a player who has just as much potential and can fill the EXACT same role on this team. Not to mention he's bigger now and will get stronger still.

Shawn Marion has actually played more minutes as a center for the Suns this season than any other player. Most of his time has come at the center position.

The Suns most used line up is:

Steve Nash

Raja Bell

James Jones/Tim Thomas

Boris Diaw

Shawn Marion

Kurt Thomas is nothing more than a body they use off the bench for the most part, and Tim Thomas has had a rebirth in that system. If the Hawks were to make a coaching change, I'd have absolutely no problem with them getting someone like Marc Iavaroni from that system, because the way the Suns play is the future of the NBA.

• Premium Member

Marion is one of the better Sfs in the game. YOu guys mean to tell me that you would rather not get one of the best Sfs in the game in order to keep up this fantasy of Marvin?

You basically said it yourself, in your world, Smoove can play the PF. So, why not take one of the best Sfs in the game and start building a defensive Jaugernaut.

Go watch a game...If you have watched 1 minute of either the Lakers or Clippers series with the Suns you will see what everyone has saw all year..Boris on Kwame, Boris on Kaman..I don't care where they are "listed" as playing, if you watch you would know..

Quote:

..Marion is one of the better Sfs in the game. YOu guys mean to tell me that you would rather not get one of the best Sfs in the game in order to keep up this fantasy of Marvin?...

We could play JJ at PG, move Marion to SG, and play JS at PF...then we'd still have a spot for MW at the 3.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Marion is one of the better Sfs in the game. YOu guys mean to tell me that you would rather not get one of the best Sfs in the game in order to keep up this fantasy of Marvin?

You basically said it yourself, in your world, Smoove can play the PF. So, why not take one of the best Sfs in the game and start building a defensive Jaugernaut.

I simply don't get why anyone would not trade MW for an established offensive and defensive star in Marion.

BTW, Shawn Marion's rookie TENDEX per 48 was 25.33. MW's? 16.66. They both played 24 MPG. In otherwords, as a rookie MW produced 36% less than Marion!

It's just laughable the lengths people will go to give MW a free pass.

W

Quote:

BTW, Shawn Marion's rookie TENDEX per 48 was 25.33. MW's? 16.66. They both played 24 MPG. In otherwords,
as a rookie MW produced 36% less than Marion!....

Well to be fair, when did Marion come into the league? Was he a 19-year old rookie? I doubt it...you're comparing apples and oranges.

Not to mention Tendex is pretty worthless as a whole. I mean honestly, how often do you see experts go to Tendex to compare players? Hell how many times did Walter ever use the Tendex in his life until he found out Marvin had a lower tendex than Smith in his rookie year? Never because it's worthless. Even the most commonly accepted measure, PER, is debatable. There is no single number that shows you how well a player performs as a whole

• Moderators

Quote:

http://www.82games.com/0506/05PHO14C.HTM

Shawn Marion played 44% of the minutes at the center position.

http://www.82games.com/0506/05PHO11C.HTM

Boris Diaw played 1% of the minutes at the center position.

That seriously makes me question the reliability of 82 games. Those stats are ridiculously low for Diaw.

Quote:

No.

The lengths you go in an attempt to discredit Marvin Williams is what is laughable. You don't trade a future superstar for a guy who is essentially a role player on his team.

the Walter answer is right in front of us. just don't respond to his posts.

Guest Walter

Quote:

No.

The lengths you go in an attempt to discredit Marvin Williams is what is laughable. You don't trade a future superstar for a guy who is essentially a role player on his team.

WTF does someone have to do to or not do to be considered a potential superstar? MW couldn't beat out Danny Granger per 48 but somehow he keeps his potential superstar status? what a crock!

MW will NEVER post per 48 stats like Marion did his rookie year!

W