• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Alexander Johnson- predraft workout

TheDude

the guy impressed. again, they have him listed as PF but he played center at FSU very well and although they list him at 6'9" on the article, i think he's more along the lines of 6'10" (seems taller than that)...if we get him in the 2nd round, it would be a steal.. he's a physical beast in the post

Word.

Seeing as how the league is so low on center...why are they projecting this guy as a second rounder? Seems like he ought to be mid-first to me. Even if his game needs polish, just having the size, attitude to want to play inside and physical tools is a lot these days.

Whichever big we end up with I hope he is happy in the paint. Last thing we need is a big who is a SF wannabee.

I haven't heard anything about Eric Williams in the past few months. After Wake Forest got put out of the Tournament the Mock drafts have removed his name. I still think Williams will test well in his workouts. Either he or this Johnson guy would be good 2ndround picks.

i dont think Alexander is even close to 6'8". He's definitely bigger than that. He's bigger than Erik Williams. He's 6'10" on the fsu website. my point is he is a "big" 6'9" if he's only that height. he's definitely big enough to play center in the NBA and be successful.

I think he's not rated as high because this past year he burst onto the scene (although he was a top 30 high school player couple years back). Plus FSU didn't make the tournament.

• Premium Member

Williams didn't look bad in the tourney.

His only problem is he's short and big. He's too big to be a Pf and too short to play C, but who knows... maybe...

I still like Craig Smith in the 2nd if he falls that far.

I think Johnson would be an excellent pick up too.

I hope the Euros keep coming out and pushing these good big men into the second so that we can get one.