• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If the hawks win the lottery....

Diesel

As always it will impossible to tell who is THE best player from this draft until years have passed.

I think that the top five talents from this draft will be LaMarcus A, Andrea B, Brandon R, Adam M and Rudy F. But that is just my perception of their talent/potential. Everyone sees it differently, and it all depends on how BK sees it.

Given that he is someone who COULD be an amazing talent at the next level, and he fits our needs, I think he would be the guy.

• Moderators

Quote:

Probably, but he is does not appear to be a great prize as far as number one picks go.

That is all relative. K-Mart was a worthy #1 overall choice but a few years ago would have been a big bust if taken before LJ, Melo, Bosh, and Wade. All you can do is take the best of what is available and this year doesn't have franchise players at the top based on what we know about them now.

• Premium Member

Quote:

If the Hawks win the lottery, I think they will take Andrea Bargnani with the first pick.

Perhaps. Regardless, I'm becoming a little confused about what constitutes a "big" these days in the NBA.

• Premium Member

...because I'm just not feelin' it. Hell, I've been more excited about drafts in the 90's that we had no part of. I didn't watch the tourney this year, haven't really researched any of the prospects; and the ones I have read up on...I just am not excited about and there doesn't seem to be any draft camps out here either - nobody taking any sides on who we should draft.

I think it has to do with my expectations for the team this year. I didn't expect them to make the playoffs, but I was pretty concerned about winning games as opposed to losing for lottery position. I was actually pulling for them right up to the end of the season.

I also think it has to do with BK. The guys that I would probably be interested in all play positions that we are full at. LoL, is it just me or are we all just sitting on the edge of our seats thinking BK is actually considering taking another 6'8" player!

• Premium Member

I guess the question that's really on my mind is would BK pick Aldridge??

For the same money, I think BK would probably go with Thomas... I can see BK really liking that dude on a lot of levels...

This deserves a poll.

I'm not feelin it in the sense that we get a brand new shiny piece. It might be a volkswagen and not a mazerrati, but it'll still be new and shiny. And our team is in a place where even small pieces can make a huge difference, particularly big men and PG. I'm not excited about the player himself as much as how much better the team will be with a young big man added inside.

Plus the lottery will make a big difference. Hell if nothing else the trade value would change greatly between #1 and #7.