• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

IF the HAWKS got first pick...

Diesel

• Premium Member

It's pretty interesting actually.

While the board may be uniform on who we pick, we're almost as uniform in saying that BK won't pick who we suggest...

Is that the effect of BK's saying that the fans are idiots (for the most part)...

It's hard to say with the little footage I've seen of him, but what I've seen makes me believe that he is going to be Dirk Nowitzki all over again. I think he's probably the player that will have the most long term impact on any team in this draft.

So, I would take him if I had the #1 pick, and if the Hawks land the #1 pick, I believe Billy will take him.

• Moderators

Quote:

BK...

85% of the fans agree on who we should pick.

67% of those same fans don't believe you will pick him!

I think a majority so far have said they think BK will pick the best player.

I am assuming that the 2 people who picked Bargani as the best player also put that BK would take him and that 6 of the people who picked Aldridge also said BK would take him. That would mean that 53% of people think BK will take the player they view as the best in the draft.

• Premium Member

That may be so mathematically at this moment.

However, 82% of the people thought we should pick guy #1.

and 63% of the same group said that BK probably won't pick guy #1...

That's amazing disharmony between fan and GM.

No knock on Bargnani or nothing... and i have to admit, i never seen the guy player (excluding short highlight clips).

*btw, highlight clips mean absolutely nothing. anyone could look good on highlights. hell, i bet half of us would look like really good prospects if we gather a highlight reel for ourselves.

but back to my point. while i dont know much about this kid, comparing the best Euro prospect to Dirk every year has to stop.

i honestly believe DIRK is a top 5 player in this league. The MAVs see him as UNTOUCHABLE. The guy has an effortless release and is a sharpshooter (regardless of his height).

he, similar to LEBRON, is a freak of nature. 7 footer doing the things he does.

Quote:

No knock on Bargnani or nothing... and i have to admit, i never seen the guy player (excluding short highlight clips).

*btw, highlight clips mean absolutely nothing. anyone could look good on highlights. hell, i bet half of us would look like really good prospects if we gather a highlight reel for ourselves.

but back to my point. while i dont know much about this kid, comparing the best Euro prospect to Dirk every year has to stop.

i honestly believe DIRK is a top 5 player in this league. The MAVs see him as UNTOUCHABLE. The guy has an effortless release and is a sharpshooter (regardless of his height).

he, similar to LEBRON, is a freak of nature. 7 footer doing the things he does.

I agree, it is unfair to compare anyone to a player the caliber of Dirk, just as it is unfair to compare another player to LeBron.

The Dirks and LeBron's of this world are the exception, not the rule.

Quote:

We immediately trade that pick and childress for Iverson.

I took Aldridge and so did BK. We keep Aldridge. SNT Al and package Chilz, Donta, or Salim for AI later on...

Quote:

If it takes moving the pick to get Iverson then do it. But if we don't have to then we would be stealing..brilliant.

I don't think we are going to have to give our 1st and Al. I think Philly is going to try and rebuild on the cheap. Al and Chilz combined will be less money than AI. Philly will also know they are getting two starting caliber players from the get go as well.