• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

IF the HAWKS got first pick...

Diesel

No thanks on AI. He's exciting, but I don't think the young guys will grow while he's around. But he'd be better than Marbury. If we really want a guard I'd draft Roy. He'd be a better fit, would help right away, plays defense, and is a team player.

Actually I thought AI might be a big draw, but the feedback to the AJC when they mentioned AI was overwhelmingly negative.

However, since BK has said he doesn't give a cr@p about what we think, I guess my opinion doesn't count and he'll sign whoever to hell he wants.

• Moderators

Quote:

However, since BK has said he doesn't give a
cr@p
about what we think, I guess my opinion doesn't count and he'll sign whoever to hell he wants.

I hope he doesn't make his decisions based on what we want but he does need to find a better way to say it!

Word out of Toronto is that they have hired an assist coach who has connections to Bargnani with a plan to leak it that he will remain in Italy unless he goes to Toronto?

I don't think Splitter will be a viable choice to play here next year. If he could, I'd like to have him.

• Moderators

Quote:

Word out of Toronto is that they have hired an assist coach who has connections to Bargnani with a plan to leak it that he will remain in Italy unless he goes to Toronto?

I don't think Splitter will be a viable choice to play here next year. If he could, I'd like to have him.

Their new assistant GM was the GM for Bargnani's Italian team. We'll see whether Bargnani refuses to work out for anyone other than the Raptors - that will pretty much validate or invalidate that rumor in my mind.

Quote:

Quote:

Their new assistant GM was the GM for Bargnani's Italian team. We'll see whether Bargnani refuses to work out for anyone other than the Raptors - that will pretty much validate or invalidate that rumor in my mind.

Stern should have a field day with that one if true. he can't let stuff like that slide.

Guest Walter

Quote:

It's hard to say with the little footage I've seen of him, but what I've seen makes me believe that he is going to be Dirk Nowitzki all over again. I think he's probably the player that will have the most long term impact on any team in this draft.

So, I would take him if I had the #1 pick, and if the Hawks land the #1 pick, I believe Billy will take him.

I agree on both accounts. I just wonder what you would have us do with the glut of forward talent and the lack of C and Pg talent on this team?

W

If the Hawks got the first pick, after hell recovered from freezing over, we would get LaMarcus Aldridge.

It's like this, if we get the 1st overall pick in the draft we get Aldridge. If Aldridge isnt' there when we pick, we get Bargnani. If neither are there, then it's between Spiltter and Ty Thomas. One of those guys are guaranteed to be there at 6 or 7.

Quote:

No knock on Bargnani or nothing... and i have to admit, i never seen the guy player (excluding short highlight clips).

*btw, highlight clips mean absolutely nothing. anyone could look good on highlights. hell, i bet half of us would look like really good prospects if we gather a highlight reel for ourselves.

but back to my point. while i dont know much about this kid, comparing the best Euro prospect to Dirk every year has to stop.

i honestly believe DIRK is a top 5 player in this league. The MAVs see him as UNTOUCHABLE. The guy has an effortless release and is a sharpshooter (regardless of his height).

he, similar to LEBRON, is a freak of nature. 7 footer doing the things he does.

There have been a decent amount of tall guys that could really shoot. What makes Dirk so great is his ball handling (while ugly..it's very effective) and his ability to shoot off the dribble. Without those attibutes he'd be Keith Van Horn. Now of the very few clips I'd seen of Bargnani, all of his jump shots are off the pass. It's great that he can shoot off the pass (and it really is a picture perfect shot too) but if he can't hit the pull-up J, he won't be Dirk.

Quote:

Check the draftnet newest mock. He isn't in the 06' mock anymore. NOT EVEN ON THE BUBBLE.

they have him listed as teh 3rd pick in 07' mock.

guess he's not in this year.

Well there's certainly nothing official. It just means that the mock sites have changed from guessing that he'll be in to guessing that he'll be out. We'll see...