• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Rondo Reportedly Looking Good In Workouts

AHF

• Moderators

ESPN's Chad Ford reports that Rondo has been impressing NBA teams in his recent workouts. He worked out for the Suns and Rockets and had rave reviews - particularly from the Suns source. They said he could go as high as #7 overall (to the Celtics - pre-lottery) and that they did not think there was any way he would be available at #21. The Rockets also liked his athleticism (and pretty much everything but his shooting) and said he is in the mix with their #8 overall (pre-lottery) pick.

The bottomline is that his stock seems to be on the rise again and the Hawks won't have a prayer at him with their second round pick (unfortunately).

• Moderators

Quote:

No way he was gonna last til the 2nd anyways. He has good handles, is quick and plays good Defense. Shooting can be taught to an extent.

That was pretty much the rationale of the sources Ford mentioned. The Rockets guy said something like how impressed he was with Rondo's athleticism and then said that Rondo's big hands were a blessing (ball-handling) and a curse (shooting) but that he thought Rondo could be taught to shoot competently and that was all he would really need to do (shoot well enough to keep people honest).

Quote:

To be honest, if we somehow moved down with like NOH then I'd strongly have to consider a combo of Shelden and Rondo or O'Bryant and Rondo.

I think that would be a great move. Realistically, none of the guys in this draft seem like franchise players so might as well fill some needs with some very athletic, talented players with excellent upside.

If both those guys developed into contributors the Hawks defensive shortcomings would be a thing of the past. JJ, Smoove and Marvin presumably could handle the load offensively.

• Moderators

Quote:

Hell the people he is working out for won't be in the top ten anyway. They are hyping him up so that someone they really like will slide.

The Rockets will be in the top 10. They are slotted for #8 overall.

Guest Walter

...for Rondo. I liked his game up until Kentucky. I really feel Tubby, a good coach and all, all but destoyed his confidence and game. Maybe Diesel can shed some Kentucky fan light on this thread.

W