• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Official We Got Screwed Again Thread!!!!

Wurider05

Look. I'm all for losing games and tanking and all. However, if we'd lost one more game, that would be no guarantee that we would've picked higher. To suggest we would be picking exactly 3rd, where Charlotte now resides, is ridiculous. This is a random lottery. Balls bounce around in a chamber. If you change one variable, the results would've been different. We might've been picking 6th if we'd lost more games.

You could argue that the owner should've farted real loud during the lottery drawing, so as to make the ball-drawer pause for a second, thus skewing the results. We might've been higher!

Sure, we would've had a better probability of picking top 3 if we'd lost more game, but we can't be certain we'd have "had Charlotte's pick".

• Admin

Its not a scrub draft. Its just not a top heavy draft. There are a lot of good players in this years draft. There is just no clear cut number one player.

We may end up with Roy who just might be the most NBA ready to contribute player.

After Aldridge he is the player I want.

If we don't take Roy I would like Marcus Williams.

Top 2 players in this draft = Aldridge, Roy.

Bargnani will not live up to hype. Morrison is just a shooter. Thomas will not live up to hype.

Aldridge is a classic low post scorer, and I wish we'd been #1 so we could take him. I think we'll draft Roy at #5, and I'm OK with getting the 2nd best player in this draft. Does he work in the backcourt with JJ? Meh...I'm tired of speculating. This draft is garbage, and we can't reach for either Williams at #5.

Quote:

5th pick in a scrub draft is fine? You crazy?

Then let me be more specific. I do not have a lot of confidence in BK and was worried he would fall in love with Thomas or Bargnani, both of whom I don't think would fit here. Both of those guys will be gone by the time the Hawks pick.

Basically picking at 5 makes it less likely for BK to screw up.

Quote:

5th pick in a scrub draft is fine? You crazy?

This isn't a star-packed draft, but of all the recent drafts, it will probably be one of the drafts where the talent level at 1 and at 5 will be the closest. Looks like a deep draft. Just no stars at the very top

Now that I have your attention I could envision a situation where Thomas falls to us at #5. If the Raptors really like Bargman (and they do need a perimeter scorer) he might just go #1. Chicago will not let Aldridge pass them by at #2 as the pick addresses their need for a 4. The Bobcats is where the intrigue begins. With Okafor and May on the roster they might take a 2 like Roy or possible Morrison. The Trailblazers are in dire need for a 2 guard and may take whoever is left behind Morrison and Roy (both would be local hits). Thomas then falls to us. BK would not pass on Thomas (a Swift clone with more heart and upside). Thomas might not be the 5 we need but he can rotate there and at the 4 to improve our interior D greatly. Thoughts?