• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Assume the Current Top 4 Are Gone - What Do We Do?

AHF

Quote:

I would be inclined to trade down and draft O'Bryant somewhere around the 10th pick in the draft.

If the Hawks keep the 5th pick Roy is the obvious pick.

I kinda like Marcus Williams, but I am also a big supporter of "best player available" in drafts.

I'm all for O'Bryant, we have got to start bringing in some young bigs.

I don't know about Roy, if we take him, are we still going to be looking for a PG next year?

Thanks, but no thanks to taking Marcus Williams. He is going to be a defensive liability at this level, and the Hawks can't afford to take on more defensive liabilities at this point.

I have no problem taking Rudy Gay if a trade is made to alleviate the logjam at SF.

Quote:

Roy is the only choice at 5 given these parameters. He would solidify the backcourt.

Solidifying the backcourt is what I'd prefer for the team, unless AI is coming into town. Then we try to find the best big man available.

Yes, there are several FA big men that might fill the need for us, but less in terms of a backcourt mate for JJ. Roy seems like he is the real deal. What I am worried about is that he might be gone by 5 though.

• Premium Member

I think we need to have more vets on this team. The Hawks are losing money big time and the town of Atlanta could care less. You have to have a winner to get butts in the seats. As hesitant as I am to say this I would try to get AI and a veteran big man and this is s playoff contender.

Otherwise keep losing money and the moving trucks will be backing up to phillips!

"I don't know about Roy, if we take him, are we still going to be looking for a PG next year?"

Don't think so. Roy has shown in college he can run the team. He was 4th in the Pac-10 in assists and 2nd in assist/TO ratio. So he was not the typical shooting guard. Played tough defence against PGs and SGs and took a lot of charges. I'd really like to see him in the backcourt with JJ.

I got NBA TV and I watched this guy play in the Euroleague championship and he was pretty good. I think he can come in immediately and start because he is very rugged and aggressive player which is the straight that most Euro players like kind of reminded me of a shorter Pau Gasol.

Quote:

I got NBA TV and I watched this guy play in the Euroleague championship and he was pretty good. I think he can come in immediately and start because he is very rugged and aggressive player which is the straight that most Euro players like kind of reminded me of a shorter Pau Gasol.

Actually he's the same size as Gasol

I was looking at next year's draft. Now of course I know that things could drastically change, but there don't seem to be too many top flight pg's. It actually seems like it is a very good, very deep big man draft. So maybe we should go with Roy or Marcus Williams...though I think the Landlord is a darn good pick too.

You're probably right - but I believe even if we end up anywhere out of the playoffs and get lucky (we could be due) we still have the top-three protection...even if our record is 6th or 8th worst.

So effectively - since we gotta figure Oden goes #1 - we have the same chance.

(somebody please correct me if that's not right)