• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Listening to Coangelo... I had this thought...

Diesel

Who wouldn't like to have Nash?

And besides that, why would PHX trade him to begin with? It's not like Barbosa is effective when he's the sole distributor on the court. His best play came when it was him AND Nash on the court at the same time.

And besides that, what does PHX want with Bosh either? Amare will be back next season and I think they're doing pretty well with Marion at the 4.

In the end you're looking at upgrading the forward position by having Marion and Bosh, but at the cost of the guy that makes it all work to begin with. Colangelo is a great GM but this would be thievery on his behalf if he was able to pull a deal like that.

• Premium Member

You wouldn't trade Nash for the first and Bosh?

Chris Bosh is a stud.

The first could be traded to the Hawks for Childress/Salim/#5 and they could take M. Williams for instance.

Imagine:

Stoudamire/Bosh/Marion on the court together!

Yeah, but where was Phoenix going w/o Nash?

They have a good young core, but the team is built to run and no PG in the NBA runs better than Nash. He's the ultimate playmaker, although unorthodox sometimes. He makes things happen. I don't see many other guards in the league even coming close to what Nash does with that team.

If you have listened to what Steve Nash has said during their playoff run this year he said they are less talented then a year ago (i.e., with JJ and Amare) but play better as a team.

To me, that is everything. Great teamwork can overcome a collection of talent any day. That is why teams like the Knicks suck and teams like Phoenix are so good.

No, I wouldn't. I agree that Bosh is a stud and yes you could potentially draft someone that could somewhat replace Nash with the 1st rd pick. But why? It's not like PHX is hurting inside with Amare, Matrix, and Kurt Thomas. They'd be hurting far worse by getting rid of their catalyst.

• Moderators

Quote:

You wouldn't trade Nash for the first and Bosh?

The question is why would Toronto ever do that? If they did that trade, they would have a team that relied primarily on Nash and Villanueva. That wouldn't win anything and Nash would be too old before they were good enough to do anything of consequence.

• Premium Member

The point is this.

Nash only has a few more good years ahead of him.

Bosh is a stud that will be in allstar contention for the next 8 years. Plus the top pick in this draft. Plus Atlanta's lottery pick next year. This is a move that could potential set Phoenix for the next 15 years as the best in the west.

• Moderators

Quote:

The point is this.

Nash only has a few more good years ahead of him.

Bosh is a stud that will be in allstar contention for the next 8 years. Plus the top pick in this draft. Plus Atlanta's lottery pick next year. This is a move that could potential set Phoenix for the next 15 years as the best in the west.

I agree and would do it if I was Phoenix. I wouldn't even think about it if I was Toronto, though!

• Premium Member

I think you have to consider B.C.'s position.

He has redundancy in his front court. Last night he said that he hopes to duplicate what he built in Phoenix.

In Phoenix he found that it starts with a good PG.

Toronto doesn't broker too much of it's future to get Nash.

Consider what we gave for JJ...

2 1st and Diaw...

I almost consider that to be more.

Quote:

He has redundancy in his front court. Last night he said that he hopes to duplicate what he built in Phoenix.

No he didn't, they asked him if he wanted to duplicate Phoenix's team, and hinted at him getting Nash, and all BC said was that he hoped to duplicate the success they saw in Phoenix

All I'm saying is that when you have Amare and Matrix, you could throw in a body like Kurt Thomas and you have a 3 man group that rivals most other forward/center trios. And while adding Bosh would improve on that trio, I don't understand why PHX would give away a 2 time MVP, proven floor leader, and arguably the best PG in the league right now for a slight improvement on the front line. If PHX HAD to have a body down low to get better, then I could see a trade. But they've had great success the past two years mainly due to Nash's arrival and you want to say that they'd reverse all of that?

And for TOR, you said it best. Bosh is a stud for nearly the next decade. Why would they give that up, even for a 2 time MVP? It's not like that move alone would push them into title contention next year. Villanueva would be dead down low if you take Bosh out of the equation.

In the end this looks like one of those deals that works only if the two teams were looking to go in completely opposite directions than where they're headed right now. PHX has a running offense that is predicated on PG play and TOR has a post offense that is predicated on having a go-to C. For them to swap the two integral pieces to their offenses wouldn't make sense for either.