• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I didnt know this about Tyrus Thomas

Admin

In high school, Thomas was only 5-11 as a freshman. He only played organized basketball in his junior and senior years and never really built up enough recruiting hype to be considered a top 100 prospect. As a junior he was a mere 6-6 and 190 pounds, and when he officially committed to LSU they did not initially even have a scholarship for him. One later opened up when a JUCO recruit was kicked off his team and his scholarship offer was rescinded. Thomas grew to 6-7 ½, 200 pounds as a high school senior, and averaged 16 points, 12 rebounds and six blocks per game, good enough only for the all-second team in Louisiana. He was forced to redshirt his freshman year at LSU after injuring his neck, and grew to 6-9, 215 pounds over that year.

--- So that makes me wonder if he is done growing. I would like to see him put on about 25-30 more pounds and grow another inch or two to really become someone I could see anchoring our team for the next 12 years. That might just be possible.

Despite Ford's article, I cannot see Chicago passing on Aldridge if he is there at #2. The Bulls have no offensive back to basket player whatsoever. Thomas is not that type player at this point in his career while Aldridge already has decent back to the basket offensive moves and would fit better beside Chandler (I would also be surprised if they traded Chandler). As I have posted before, I think there is a realistic chance Thomas falls to us at #5 and BK will not pass him up.