• Raised $440 of $700 target

Zaza and Dirk

Johnnybravo4

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont want anyone to ever try to get ZaZa to try to play like Dirk. I want him to hit the weights hard, even if he loses a little touch and his jumper. He needs more strength to play the game he is best at which is just scrapping for rebounds. He also needs to work tremendously on his defense, which seemed to be improving to me as the year went on.

I have to say that when I read this line "I have been looking at Dirk's game during the playoffs and I think that with a little seasoning, Zaza can have a game similar to Dirks." I actually laughed out loud (a hearty chuckle). But then i htought maybe this is what others did when I did the Marvin -> KG parallel. So I decided to try to hear you out.

I think the problem here is that just about everyone fails to realize just how amazing of an athlete and basketball player Dirk Nowitki is (and is becoming...because he gets better every year). It's one thing to be big and to have a nice jump shot. Our own Jason Collier had a beautiful stroke. But Dirk is far more than a tall guy that can drain 22 footers. He has that inbetween game that most players (regardless of size or position) do not have. It's freaky that 7 footer can win the three point shooting contest. But it's downright unnatural to see him break Bruce Bowen (the best perimeter defender in the league...a man that can stop Kobe) down off the dribble and then drain a 17 foot fade away over him. Dirk has a combination of shooting mechanics, touch, knowledge of how to get his shot off comfortably, ball handling, footwork, agility, height, length, strength, quickness, and (most importantly) confidence in all these qualities that the league has never seen (at least out of a legit 7 footer).

I say all that to say this. Zaza is big, has some nice moves, a decent jumper, and is a foreigner in America. But I seriously doubt he will become anything like Dirk in the NBA. However, it would be nice wouldn't it?

It's amazing that people bash Andrea Bargnani but they think Zaza Pachulia has all-star potential.

Let me tell you what Zaza Pachila is:

For what we gave up for him, Zaza Pachulia is a solid big man that can get you a double-double and is very tenacious on the offensive boards. But he is no future all-star. Not even a fringe all-star. Zaza will be a elite backup big man. He will be one of the best backup big men in the league like Antonio McDyess (sp?) but never quite starting material.

Bravo, you insult people when you get a dose of your own medicine. A while back I posted a potential trade to spark debate and you could only insult me saying that i was stupid for thinking that that trade would happen. can't have it both ways.

I don't insult people for no reason. There are only two scenerios when I insult people.

1. People who comment with no actual sports take.

2. People who insult me first.

Oh yeah I forgot...stupid trade threads. I mean you might think that me thinking that Zaza/Dirk are the same is insane but trade threads involving Josh Smith, Zaza #1 pick and Al for Garnett threads are even more insane.