• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Zydrunas Ilgauskas

jezmund

What do you guys think about going after him. I read somewhere that the Cavs might look at moving him. If they don't resign Drew Gooden, maybe they'd consider Al Harrington. Z's deal is one year less than Dally's and he makes about the same amount. You can't teach 7'3. I know he isn't the athlete of Dally but he is a much better basketball player and team player I'm sure. With this scenario, in the draft we could pretty much go any direction. With no true PG in the draft, we could literally focus on BPA. I think it would be swell having Z post-up on Offense and having our athletes cut to the basket.

Brandon Roy

Joe Johnson

Marvin Williams

Josh Smith

Zydrunas Ilgauskas

I don't know about the Roy at PG thing, yet, but I'm willing to wait until workouts before forming an opinion. Who knows, I could actually see Tyrus Thomas and Rudy Gay being at the top of BK's list.

I would take Z over Dalembert any day of the week. Not even debatable to me. He is the #3 center in the league.

That gives us an all-star caliber player on the perimeter, an all-star player in the post. Much better balance.

He's getting old, but he seems to have gotten over his injuries. We need vets anyhow, might as well make it allstars.

Not sure how you get him though

wow.

Serioulsy though can anyone see any scenario where they take Al+some young guns for Z? They would be center-less. I just can't see it.

Maybe Al+pick so they at least get some big prospect.

??/Lue

JJ/Salim

Marvin/Chill

Smith/Batista

Zydrunas/Zaza

that looks great

I mean he does nothing demonstrably better than Zaza. He can defend slow stiff centers like himself better than Zaza, but that is only because at 7'3 it is almost impossible to be a bad defender. But there is no way in hell I give them Al and a pick for Z...especially with his contract and health concerns.

Quote:

I don't think Big Z would be a fit here either but you were saying that Zaza was flat out better, which is ridiculous.

Zaza can't guard anyone, let alone big centers. He can't play man D or help D at all.

That may be true but Z couldn't outrun a tortoise with 2 broken legs.

Quote:

I mean he does nothing demonstrably better than Zaza.

This is completely absurd.

To say you'd rather have Zaza at that price (and age) is defendable.

To say that Z isn't much, much better than Zaza is retarded. Zaza's rebounding in his breakout year is about what Z has averaged over his 8 year career. And Z has only had one year in his whole career where he didn't score more than Zaza did this year. He has scored over 15ppg for the past 4 years and is a multiple all-star. He is an average defender, but still better than Zaza.

yeah I saw that, and I agree all the way. I'm just not sure we have anything they want. Al could play the 3/4 for them, but Lebron plays the 3 alot, they have Marshall and Varejao at the 4. I would imagine that if Z goes they'll look for a center or a PG

You are probably right Lascar. I don't see them resigning Drew Gooden and I think Donyell is a little more perimeter based. Varejao was a steal in the 2nd and could actually play some Center against the smaller Centers. Al would just give them another scorer and he is must younger.

My whole thing is that Z is closer to stiffocity at this point than he is to an all-star. And I don't think that I'd bring him in at the cost of Zaza's development. There are few centers in this league that I would bench Zaza for right now.

Duncan

Shaq

Maybe I am forgeting one or two but that is about it. All the rest of the centers in the league have fundamental flaws that make them not much better than Zaza. I keep hearing about Dalembert and Wilcoxes and such but are you going to pay them big money to sit Zaza on the bench.

I get mad everytime I hear people say that we need a center, as if we don't have a good develping player in that position. We need backup big men, if we draft someone who blows Zaza away in training camp, then fine. Or if we got a Nene-type cat who came in and takes Zaza's position, then fine. But our biggest concern is quality depth on the frontline, not replacing our 21 year old who avg 11/7 in his 3rd year.

Quote:

My argument is that for what he is paid I'd rather have Zaza. And I still do. Z is a borderline stiff, and if they had better play from Z in the playoffs the Cavs would be in the finals right now

If Z had played better, the NBA would have skipped the conference finals and gone straight to the NBA finals? smile.gif

• Moderators

Quote:

I would imagine that if Z goes they'll look for a center or a PG

I think they actually would have a lot of interest in Salim. Probably not enough to deal Z but he would be perfect playing with Lebron. Their lack of outside shooting killed them.

• Admin

that's not to say he's not a good player with some years left in him. But I don't think he fits us here. The reason that there are rumors of him leaving Cleveland is because he's too damned slow and plodding for a young team that wants to get out and run more. I don't see that being any different for us. I think he would help us somewhat on interior D and interior scoring. But I think his lack of mobility would hold other guys back. Though being traded from the Cavs might be motivation enough for him to give us a little extra. At least in his first year.