• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Zydrunas Ilgauskas

jezmund

Quote:

that's not to say he's not a good player with some years left in him. But I don't think he fits us here. The reason that there are rumors of him leaving Cleveland is because he's too damned slow and plodding for a young team that wants to get out and run more. I don't see that being any different for us. I think he would help us somewhat on interior D and interior scoring. But I think his lack of mobility would hold other guys back. Though being traded from the Cavs might be motivation enough for him to give us a little extra. At least in his first year.

I agree with this 110%. He doesn't fit in Cleveland with all the kids, and he sure wouldn't fit here. Z with his huge contract and iffy brittle feet can go play elsewhere. We're trying to get younger and faster, not older and slower. People are blinded by their desire to grab any big man thinking you "must have" a true center. I think the way the NBA is going, you may not see one for a few years, especially with what Phoenix and Dallas are doing right now.