• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Samuel Dalembert: Sign Him Up!

BusBoyIsBack

Atlanta Hawks: The Hawks could also be in the Samuel Dalembert running this summer. They seriously considered making him an offer last summer but were fearful the Sixers would match.

Sixers GM Billy King told me on Tuesday it was unlikely he'd be willing to trade Allen Iverson to Atlanta, but Dalembert might be another story. Al Harrington, via sign and trade, could be the bait.

I didn't know Dalembert was so young. He's only 25.

If we got Dalembert we wouldn't have to spend our pick on a big man, and seeing that the top 3 big men are likely to be gone, Dalembert is clearly better than any big guy that would be left at that point. THen we could use the pick to get the best guard available. Imagine if we landed Brandon Roy and Samuel Dalembert. Make it happen BK!

There is no doubt whatsoever that he could help us. The question is are we sure that we want to pay him 12 mil in 2010/2011? He's WAY overpaid. But if we have no real other center prospects coming our way, he might be worth the gamble.

Quote:

There is no doubt whatsoever that he could help us. The question is are we sure that we want to pay him 12 mil in 2010/2011? He's WAY overpaid. But if we have no real other center prospects coming our way, he might be worth the gamble.

He was 6th in the league in blocked shots after Josh Smith and Elton Brand. Just think, in two years we could potentially have two guys in the top 5 in blocked shots per game.

He's exactly what we need, interior defense. Takes away some of the offensive rebounds and points in the paint surrendered, and he even helps our perimeter D by not forcing our guards to help out down low which often leads to the kickout 3.

I seriously believe that O'Bryant will be a better player 3 years from now. Heck, O'Bryant may be better than Daly NEXT SEASON. There is a reason Philly fans are so agreeable to trading Daly, and it ain't because they want to see him win a championship somewhere else.

What do you think Daly would average playing at Bradley?

Daly is one of the leagues top shotblockers. Nobody seems to remember that Daly was out hurt to start the season and then got hurt again in the middle of the season.

Last year in the playoffs against Shaq he averaged 11 pts and 13 rebounds.

OBryant hasn't done anything playing against scrubs. The fact that people are making a big deal about this guy just shows how desparate the NBA is for centers.

We don't need the PPG. We DO need the Rebounds and interior D/blocked shots. Daly has both, but it comes with a pretty big paycheck. However, if we don't have anywhere else to spend the money, I'd much rather spend it on a legitimate big rather than Al.

I'd rather see what we can get Nene for, but this wouldn't be a bad second option.

As for Al wanting to play in Philly--if AI is still there why wouldn't he want to play there? AI, C-Webb and Al wouldn't be a bad offensive team (defensively is another story).

• Premium Member

If we got Dalembert, I would still want a PF.

I envisage Dally and Zaza as a great rotation at C.

Offense and Defense.

I would still want a good PF...

But it would make taking ROY more enticing.

Quote:

We don't need the PPG. We DO need the Rebounds and interior D/blocked shots. Daly has both, but it comes with a pretty big paycheck.

If Daly has rebounds and interior defense, where is he hiding them at? smile.gif Seriously, if you go to the RealGM thread that was given above, you'll find that Daly is kind of lacking in his one-on-one defense. His rebounding numbers are very mediocre for an athletic center with a max contract. Phily fans want to get rid of him because he is a basketball dunce who has not shown any meaningful improvement in 4 years as a pro. If he comes here, Hawks fans are going to be just as frustrated as Phily fans are with him now. I sincerely hope I am wrong about Daly, but I don't think so.

This team could do a whole lot worse than Dalembert. I didn't get a chance to see him a lot other than when he played against the Hawks, but it appears as if he would be what this team so desperately needs. He doesn't need to get Shaq-in his prime numbers to be effective here; all he needs to do is provide defense, occasional scoring, and rebounding.

Of course, the cheaper route would be to draft a big man but there isn't a post player in the draft (including Aldridge and O'Bryant) that makes me say 'get that guy' with the 5th pick. Besides, I'm still sore from the last two post players this teams has drafted in the lottery(Keefe and Koncak), which set the team back several years.

Yeah and Al Harrington is only 25 or 26 I believe, and Al can actually play ball. I know he has his faults but he can score in the post and run the floor. We will have no post game at all without Al so we better get a real player back in return. SAM DALEMBERT IS NOT A REAL PLAYER. I saw enough 76er games to know he is just another athletic project who's heart and talent are serious ?. He has a huge long contract and is nowhere near worth the money. He is a good off the ball defender when he wants to be but is a horrible defender on his man. Jon Konkak was a better defender than this guy.

While he may have distaste for BK or the Hawks, Pryz is a cheaper option for us. He blocks shots, boards well, and has a mean streak that Daly does not have. It concerns me that Philly fans want Daly out while Portland fans are disappointed that they will not be able to keep Pryz.