• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Samuel Dalembert: Sign Him Up!

BusBoyIsBack

Quote:

While he may have distaste for BK or the Hawks, Pryz is a cheaper option for us. He blocks shots, boards well, and has a mean streak that Daly does not have. It concerns me that Philly fans want Daly out while Portland fans are disappointed that they will not be able to keep Pryz.

He's cheaper for a reason. Like mentioned before me, that guy is a stiff. Daly is young and has a whole lot of potential.

That's an interesting link, exodus. I think it's always good to read opposing fans opinions on their own players, cause they're generally the people that watch them play every game. You will inevitability get some homeristic type opinion in those threads, there will also be a few doom and gloomers, but I think the majority are just fans trying to be honest about their opinions.

Anyways, after reading that thread- it does not sound like the fans in Philadelphia have a very favorable opinion on Dalembert, and it does not sound like he plays very good defense at all. Nor is he a scorer, in fact he's offensively inept. This is according to what many of them are saying about him....

They paint him as being almost a stiff, so if that's an accurate opinion, then why even bother? If he's really that bad, then I could think of about a thousand more productive ways to spend our money.

Quote:

That's an interesting link, exodus. I think it's always good to read opposing fans opinions on their own players, cause they're generally the people that watch them play every game. You will inevitability get some homeristic type opinion in those threads, there will also be a few doom and gloomers, but I think the majority are just fans trying to be honest about their opinions.

Anyways, after reading that thread- it does not sound like the fans in Philadelphia have a very favorable opinion on Dalembert, and it does not sound like he plays very good defense at all. Nor is he a scorer, in fact he's offensively inept. This is according to what many of them are saying about him....

They paint him as being almost a stiff, so if that's an accurate opinion, then why even bother? If he's really that bad, then I could think of about a thousand more productive ways to spend our money.

Of course Dalembert is offensively innept. So is Tyrus Thomas. We aren't looking for a big man with a scoring first mentality unless it's Andrea Bargnani. We need a guy who can provide interior defense and rebounds. As far as Dalembert goes, he's a raw defender just like Josh Smith. He goes for the blocks instead of working on his defensive positioning all the time, but he's a helluva lot better defender than what we have now down low and he's more proven than any big man we can get with our pick in the draft.

Heck he's only 2 years older than Shelden Williams.

Quote:

Quote:

We don't need the PPG. We DO need the Rebounds and interior D/blocked shots. Daly has both, but it comes with a pretty big paycheck.

If Daly has rebounds and interior defense, where is he hiding them at? smile.gif Seriously, if you go to the RealGM thread that was given above, you'll find that Daly is kind of lacking in his one-on-one defense. His rebounding numbers are very mediocre for an athletic center with a max contract. Phily fans want to get rid of him because he is a basketball dunce who has not shown any meaningful improvement in 4 years as a pro. If he comes here, Hawks fans are going to be just as frustrated as Phily fans are with him now. I sincerely hope I am wrong about Daly, but I don't think so.

With his contract, this is one of those questions that should never be asked. Yes he gets a load of blocks and yes he gets his fair share of rebounds. But I've read it before and I've said it before that his own team complains about him stealing boards to inflate his box score stats. He reminds me a lot of Smoove with his block numbers also. It's not that he plays shut down defense and blocks people 1-on-1. He comes off the weakside or after being beat and gets his blocks in. While it wouldn't hurt to at least have that presence down low compared to Al, it's not like he's a Mutombo-type of blocker that anchored the interior D.

For all the talent he may have, how much longer will it take for him to mature? And while we may have the cap space now, I'd rather go with someone that shows a little more defensive presence. God forbid that we trade for him, lock up the cap, and realize why PHI is so eager to unload him like GST mentioned.

Wilcox or Pryz are much better choices. Ten million could be used to pick up a couple guys who play important roles of the bench.

I don't think we need someone who is considered a 'homerun,' but rather a good contact hitter.

I think that both Marvin and Salim are going to be much better offensively in their second year. The need lies in rebounding and defense.