• Raised $440 of $700 target

Iverson Deal is dead

Rexhawk

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather be a legit playoff contender 2-3 years down the road than just contending for these next 2-3 years.

Allen Iverson is 31 next season and he does nothing but stunt the growth of our young players. I could even see them refusing to re-sign with his cancerous ways.

The fact that people would be content with being a possible 8th seed for a couple of years over contending through this decade and then some just shows how short sighted people are out there.

• Premium Member

Several points.

1. You don't trade 20/10 young players for guys simply because they're long and interesting.

2. You don't sign a never will be to a big contract.

3. Never trade a good young center.

But mainly, don't say that you want to follow the blueprint of one of the worst GMs in the world.

Quote:

He had Jerry Stackhouse at one point. It didn't work out. He had Larry Hughes. It didn't work out. He has had Chris Webber, and it hasn't worked out.

Stack has been a cancer everywhere he has played except Dallas. Old age has mellowed him quite a bit.

Larry Hughes never did squat until he got to DC, and then he only did it for one year

Webber has been a pain in the butt for at least 3 or 4 years. Now you can add old with a bad set of wheels to his resume.

Not one of these guys was a all star when they were suited up next to Iverson.

Iverson and Brown took a poor team to the NBA Finals. And he has never had more than that to play along side of...

You are stone cold tripping to put Iverson in the same category as Starbury and I bet every GM in the league would agree with me.