• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

A Humble Offseason Plan

seacharl

My ideas for this draft are (admitidly) not very sexy/flashy but I belive A.) Make Sense B.) Are Plausible (sp?) C.) Will not break the bank and D.) Involve Players I belive can complement the squad we already have.

So here goes...

Draft the best avalible talent at #5 (Roy, etc) and atempt to trade with the Hornets for their two picks. Get the Landlord with the first and Rondo with the second. Both have flaws (ones a bit undersized and the other lacks a a jumpshot) but both fill GLARING holes: Rebounding, Interior D, Shotblocking (besides Smoove) a playmaker who doesn't need to shoot to be effective, help against backcourt presses, someone to push the tempo... You get the idea.

This leaves PLENTY of cap room still to SNT Al or go after bigs in FA.

There is of course the risk that those players won't still be on the board when the Hornets select, but if that's the case we still end up with a good player in Roy.

So that's it. Again there names alone won't sell tickets, but their brand of ball should bring wins, and W's ultimitly are what the game is all about.

What do you think?

Quote:

I doubt either player would be on the board but if we could get Sheldon and Rondo for our #5 pick that would be incredible.

Yeah that would be great. An immediate contributor in a need position in Sheldon, and a great potential guy in Rondo. I wouln't count on him jumping in at PG an taking over, but with work he could be big help.

Quote:

Quote:

I doubt either player would be on the board but if we could get Sheldon and Rondo for our #5 pick that would be incredible.

Yeah that would be great. An immediate contributor in a need position in Sheldon, and a great potential guy in Rondo. I wouln't count on him jumping in at PG an taking over, but with work he could be big help.

Given his competition it would be frightening if he were unable to start immediately.

Quote:

Quote:

We'll be back in the lottery next year..except with no picks.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

We'll be back in the lottery next year..except with no picks.

But we won't be if we draft....

• Premium Member

I agree to go after the two for one trade if the Hornets are game..

However, I think we'll be looking at the likes of:

Simmons (if he lasts to 12) and Farmar. I'm not mad at either set, yours or mine.

I like both Landlord and Rondo, but I think Landlord will move up to top 7 and I think Rondo goes to #13.

that would be remarkable if that were to happend but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

The great thing about that is we're still get potential (Rondo) but we're also getting immediate gratification(to some degree Shelden who is polished).

What's great is that it fills both holes we have PLUS we still have two other avenues to aquire talent- Harrington trade and free agency cap money.

We could still spend a little bit of money and get someone like Reggie Evans and Marcus Banks.

Backcourt- Joe Johnson, Rondo, Marcus Banks, Salim, Luemaybe

Frontcourt- ZaZa, Shelden Williams, Reggie Evans, Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, Josh Childress, Batista.

may have to leave Batista off of this to get another guard in the 2nd round to balance the roster. Trade Batista and Edwards for poprocks and low 2nd round pick? Where does Andersen come into this?

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, I really was expecting a negative reaction due to the lack of marquee names involved.

I agree with a lot of you guys that these players may be gone by the time we pick, but man would I be a happy squawker if we pulled it off.