• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Raptors Looking to trade down!!!

Wurider05

I may be the only one on this board who doesn't want Sheldon Williams at 5. No way would I do that. I don't like any one necessarily that much above another player in this draft, but I'm not one of the people who is down on Aldridge....as a matter of fact if we got him I would dance a little dance. Is Sheldon a Lunchpail type of guy? Maybe that's why he doesn't appeal to me (although we have enough leapers). I've read a lot about him, saw a few Duke games and he just didn't move me. If we got him, will MW develop on the bench?

Picture me on the Aldridge, Roy and Foye bandwagon.

• Premium Member

The bottom line is that we need a frontcourt guy who can play defense, rebound, and get some points.

That's Williams.

I think we can survive with Lue at the PG and Zaza at C. Both players had good years but have things they need to do to improve.

However, we won't survive if we don't get some defense in the frontcourt.

Sometimes, you need a lunchpail guy who can do the dirty work.

I wouldn't be mad if we took Simmons either, but I want to see some good workouts from both men.

I don't think we have time to get another project. I mean we only have JJ for a few more years, contracts are running out in 3, and next year we have no first round pick unless we're really bad and Lucky.

Quote:

The bottom line is that we need a frontcourt guy who can play defense, rebound, and get some points.

That's Williams.

I think we can survive with Lue at the PG and Zaza at C. Both players had good years but have things they need to do to improve.

However, we won't survive if we don't get some defense in the frontcourt.

Sometimes, you need a lunchpail guy who can do the dirty work.

I wouldn't be mad if we took Simmons either, but I want to see some good workouts from both men.

I don't think we have time to get another project. I mean we only have JJ for a few more years, contracts are running out in 3, and next year we have no first round pick unless we're really bad and Lucky.

i'd like to add Shelden Williams also. i wanted Shane Battier when he came out of school. i could care less about the Demarr Johnson types with their 'upside.'

however where will Smoove play if we draft Shelden? Josh will get flat out owned by SFs across the league on the defensive end next year. don't get me wrong i know he can improve but in the games he guarded SFs last year he didn't fair so well. he seems like more of a down low let's try to swat your shot type of player right now.

Zaza temporary center

Shelden PF

Smoove SF

JJ SG

Lue PG

that team is no better than this year's squad.

• Moderators

Quote:

I thought Sheldon Williams was a center. He is only 6'9? He must have a large wingspan? I don't follow the college game that much. Can he play center???

I think his wingspan is decent but he can't play a traditional center role. I consider him a classic PF guy.

Quote:

...I consider him a classic PF guy...

Exactly right AHF (IMO)...but that's OK because you need a couple well defined roles on the team. He could play that spot and be comfortable that he knows his job. Whether JS or Marvin can play SF well defensively (?)

Every ranch needs a bull.