• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

How can we pass on Millsap?

CBAreject

• Premium Member

Take your choice.

If you criticize us for not getting Milsap in the 2nd, then what you're really saying is that you didn't like the Solomon pick!

Personally, I still don't like Duke players... But once again, I still believe that Shelden was the best Post defender in the draft. Period. I haven't seen anything to contradict that. Now you can focus on bpg.. but only a person who didn't understand defense and didn't watch games would say that. Defense is about position just as much as blocks and steals.

Quote:

If you criticize us for not getting Milsap in the 2nd, then what you're really saying is that you didn't like the Solomon pick!

I'll make it very simple for you. I would rather have Roy and Millsap (or Craig Smith for that matter), Roy and Wilcox, Roy and Gooden, EVEN Roy and SJ than SW and SJ. I think SJ is OK and at least between he and SW one of them can block a GD NBA player's shot, but I don't cry over 2nd rders too often, SJ isn't one of them (Monta might be)...I do cry because SW's is closer to being one than a top 5 pick, yet we drafted him 5th.

Quote:

Personally, I still don't like Duke players... But once again, I still believe that Shelden was the best Post defender in the draft.

While Thomas (2.6 BPG in the last 5 games), Simmons (with .6 BPG in 14 MPG), even Sene in 3 years (currently with .4 BPG in 4.9 MPG), Milsap (.9 BPG), would all disagree about SW, this might be the worst post defense draft in the history of basketball. He averages .59 BPG. UNFORGIVABLE! You don't draft 5th overall for that and little to nothing else!

Quote:

Period. I haven't seen anything to contradict that. Now you can focus on bpg.. but only a person who didn't understand defense and didn't watch games would say that. Defense is about position just as much as blocks and steals.

When you draft 5th overall, you don't draft for positional defender role players that stand 6'7". You draft for game changers. Not only does he not block shots. He doesn't alter them. Simply put, in this league 6'10-7' LONG players can just shoot over him.

W

Quote:

I like him, but when you have a particular type of team you are wanting to build, you simply cannot get a player that is a bad fit for that team. Millsap is a great rebounder, but at around 6'7" and with limited athleticism, he simply isn't a good fit for a team that is being built to be a running, athletic, and defensive team.

Is KB talking about Sheldon or Millsap? Another classic foot n' mouth post by KB.

Yes, I know, it was from the summer.

Quote:

i don't know much about the kid but i don't think BK is really focusing on a "long" player this time. We have our long players and really have a set team from sg to pf. I think BK will focus on a big man or a young point.

Look at the date of the original post. Millsap is now playing well in a back-up role for Utah.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I'll make it very simple for you. I would rather have Roy and Millsap (or Craig Smith for that matter), Roy and Wilcox, Roy and Gooden, EVEN Roy and SJ than SW and SJ.

I can find you 102 Walter posts that says tht first and foremost we ought to trade up for Bargani.... You only mentioned Roy after we passed over him. Until then, you saw the same problems in Roy that I see now... He's good but we have a star player playing that position already.

I have to bring this back around....

Click here.

This is what you said about ROY predraft...

Quote:

Should we stay and Aldridge or Roy is available that is passable. Still the ideals are 1 & 2 as I see them.

This is what you said. I can go back and find you plenty more instances where you ranked getting Sene or O'Bryant higher than taking Roy... and Milsap and C. Smith...You never mentioned them...

That's called Hindsight. You do it all the time. It's like you wait for something to complain about and then you find it and you post 100,000 post complaining about something that you didn't really have a strong opinion on beforehand.

Well, you can continue your crying about ROY..

Ignore the truth..

Roy didn't want to be here. Roy wanted to play for his buddy NATE. NATE made Roy a promise. Roy and Shelden has the same agent so it's more than likely that we were not going to get ROY at All...

Read this:

Quote:

Nate McMillan mentioned that he was very familiar with you growing up - how is it now to play for him?

"It's actually kind of exciting to be comfortable enough to come to the NBA and play for somebody you've known. It makes me feel comfortable, makes it easy for me to talk to him, and makes it easy for him to coach me through things because we do have that relationship. I think that's probably a plus for me to come in and have a coach that I've known for a while."

Click

Quote:

I can find you 102 Walter posts that says tht first and foremost we ought to trade up for Bargani.... You only mentioned Roy after we passed over him. Until then, you saw the same problems in Roy that I see now... He's good but we have a star player playing that position already.

Diesel, I posted at least 25 times in favor of Roy before the draft.

All these within 1 week or so of the draft in different posts.

Quote:

so if we can pick a player capable of both offense and defense (Aldridge) over a player capable of one we shouldn't hesitate.

However, I would hesitate over either if Bargnani or Roy are available.

Quote:

I even suggest we trade up for Bargnani. If not, Roy or Aldridge are my recommendations at 5 if either are available.

Quote:

I still like Roy as a basketball player better, and think he's the 2nd best leader and has the 2nd best Pg skills of the group, but there is a leadership vacuum on this team that needs addressing somehow.

There are at least 20 others that include him. Just look up my posts past 6 months ago with the word "Roy". See, isn't that easy.

Quote:

Quote:

Should we stay and Aldridge or Roy is available that is passable. Still the ideals are 1 & 2 as I see them.

That's called Hindsight.