• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Would you...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Trade #5 for Charlie Villanueva?

With Coangelo in Toronto, I look for him to break up some of the redundancy.

I also look for him to push to get Shawn Marion.

and maybe a PG.

This move allows Toronto to use the #1 pick to trade for Marion.

To use the #5 pick to pickup Roy.

This move give us a legit PF 6'11 240 lbs with PF skillsets. If you watched the Toronto games this year, he dominated our insides.

Defensively, Woody is going to have to design some defense.

Quote:

Trade #5 for Charlie Villanueva?

I am on the bubble with this one. Charlie V looked good to be a rookie. What concerns me is his blocks and D. I am certain his scoring and rebounding will improve but will he ever be a big time low post defender? And my other concern is, can he play center?

• Premium Member

I share the defensive concern. He is not Okafor or Landlord. He is going to be a very good offensive player. He definitely has skillset and size working to his advantage. I don't think he'd play C quite as well as somebody like Bosh could...

My thought is that Toronto would probably want more for him...

Still, with the things changing the way they are, they might consider that trade.

I'm split. Villanueva would definitely give us a post option on offense and maybe Woody can coach some post defense out of him? That would leave us in an interesting position regarding Al also. I would think that we still go ahead and find a trade for him, or else we'd be even worse defensively with him starting at the 3 (assuming Villanueva starts at the 4 and ZaZa starts at the 5). But as much as he does offensively for us, he still doesn't help the interior D. I'd rather hope to get a defensive guy down low with the 5th pick, whether we trade or draft with it.

Quote:

maybe Woody can coach some post defense out of him?

Has Woody "coached" any of the current Hawks into become better defenders? I think not. The only reason he has a reputation as a defensive coach is because he was an assistant on the Pistons staff. In his two years in Atlanta he has not gotten the team to play good team defense.