• Raised $440 of $700 target

J.J. Redick

timelord

Joe Johnson

J.J. Redick

Josh Childress

Al Harrington

Zaza Pachulia

The Suns are the new NBA model. Hawks have the athleticism down to pat now all they need is more shooting three point shooting.

Doesn't J.J. Redick make the perfect fit?

Hmmm. How do you suggest we become better defensively, because JJ Redick certainly isn't going to become a defender in the NBA?

You don't take spot up jump shooters that will be nothing more than bench players with the 5th pick of the draft.

There is a difference. Everyone knew that Salim's role in the NBA was going to be as a spot up jump shooter coming off the bench. I don't think anyone, with the exception of a few, though Salim would be a starter in the NBA.

JJ Redick will be nothing more than a spot up jump shooter coming off the bench, but there are some that simply don't want to accept that. JJ simply does not have the athleticism or versatile skills to be a starter in the NBA. He's too short to play the shooting guard position and lacks the ball handling ability to give you some minutes at the point guard. All he is ever going to be is a guy that can roll of screens, catch, and shoot the ball. We have people on this board thinking that JJ is actually going to be a starter and a #3 scorer for some team though.

Two questions.

1. Who is he going to be able to defend in the NBA?

2. If he can't get his shot off against players like Collis Temple III and Winsome Frazier, how is he going to get his shot off in the NBA?

You crack me up. Your relentless campaign to discredit players who produce, and make excuses for those who don't, is really getting ridiculous.

I am saving all of these quotes and they are going to come back to haunt you.

I guess you haven't noticed the reports from JJs workouts. They say he is more athletic than they thought, a better defender than they thought, even a better shooter than they thought. Most likely he will wind up in Houston at 8.

Funny. That athleticism was never shown when he was facing longer, more athletic players like Collis Temple III and Winsome Frazier. Go check out his stat line in the LSU game, and pretty much every game where he has faced a long, athletic defender.

Quote:

Funny. That athleticism was never shown when he was facing longer, more athletic players like Collis Temple III and Winsome Frazier. Go check out his stat line in the LSU game, and pretty much every game where he has faced a long, athletic defender.

These are the same excuses you used for Paul last year.

Collis Temple III played JJ Redick man to man that entire game, as did Winsome Frazier when Mississippi State played Duke in last year's tournament. JJ simply couldn't shake them because he simply lacks the athleticism.

So Temple, who rarely plays man and plays a matchup zone, abondoned their normal defense to play Duke? Sure.

No player will go his entire college career without having a bad game. But you will find maybe only one game where Rudy Gay scored Redicks average.

Redick will get open looks in the NBA, and he will be a deadly shooter, just as he is now. At Duke, he has had to start the offense and get open despite being double-teamed often.

Of course, I'm not arguing that Redick will be an all-star. I just think he'll be a quality player. I like the Hornacek comparison OK. He certainly is worthy of a 15th pick or so. I wouldn't take him top 8, though.

I didn't say anything about Temple University. I specifically said Collis Temple III, who plays for LSU. JJ was 3 for 18 from the field while being guarded by Collis Temple III. It wasn't just a bad game either, because everytime JJ has faced that type of defender, he has been shut down.

• Moderators

Quote:

I didn't say anything about Temple University. I specifically said Collis Temple III, who plays for LSU. JJ was 3 for 18 from the field while being guarded by Collis Temple III. It wasn't just a bad game either, because everytime JJ has faced that type of defender, he has been shut down.

Are you saying that the only athletic players who guarded JJ last year were guys playing for Memphis, Va Tech, Temple and LSU?

Reddick is overrated. Did anyone check out his stats? He shoots less than 40% from the 3 point line. His shooting prowess is overblown. He will not be able to get his shot of with set plays or picks set up specifically for him.