• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

AJC Article on the Hawks Ownership-Worth Reading

WraithSentinel

I think you've hit the nail on the head. Stern can't come right out and "declare a winner," but he can manipulate the conditions for the deal to be completed. I have no doubt what so ever that he's pulling strings behind the scenes. Hopefully, to our (AS) advantage.

Well, I only finished half of law school, but I really enjoyed my contracts class. The biggest item will indeed be what the contract says. Lots of bad deals are made--it's not the court's job to prevent people from being stupid, only to make sure that the law is followed. The best ground for appeal (only?) seems to be the rough language of the appraisal section. Objecting to your own choice is a flawed idea--my clients (if I had any) would not be signing a contract which allows the other party to both dictate the terms and then object to them. This is the best opportunity for exploitation on appeal. From the NBA, the 75% approval may be the best hope. What will happen there is that Belkin's failure to win approval may force him into other choices. I don't think he's that popular. Again, as I have stated in other posts, the current ownership group may not be smart enough (despite their money) to run a sports franchsie for the long term. Being wise in business obviously doesn't always translate well into prudent sports ownership where several people (league, players, agents) have more power than the market place. A last note. On my first day of law school I learned that fairness, logic, and justice don't have much to do with the law. As one of my professors remarked, "If you want the law to be fair, go be a legislator."