• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Players Wingspan are in

WraithSentinel

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I put it in that post. I don't think BK believes that Salim will ever be a starting PG or anything like that, but he's honest in that any time he's in the game he'll be guarding a PG and basically playing PG, so he needs to learn how to distribute better and play defense. That's why he'll be playing the point this summer and Ivey won't go.

The way I see it is that, people claimed his height was no big deal because he has long arms. The numbers don't indicate that.

We were hoping to see that he had PF type height with C standing reach. It now appears that he has SF/PF height with SF standing reach. It doesn't mean that he can't be a good player, but a little discouraging to see how his reach is not the length you want out of a PF much less a C.

Quote:

Quote:

draft plan because his arms are an inch shorter than someone elses.

If that was the case there wouldn't be a problem. The fact that his stading reach is 4" shorter than Marvin is the problem.

well it may be a problem in your eyes however if the Hawks draft Shelden and Marvin tries to go over him down low in practice Shelden will bust his ass.

that's a fact. this team has 0 toughness.

i still say draft Roy but if you are picking big Shelden is the player.

Quote:

well it may be a problem in your eyes however if the Hawks draft Shelden and Marvin tries to go over him down low Shelden will bust his ass.

All that would mean are two fts for Marvin.

Sheldens lack of reach will allow other bigs to shoot over him fairly easily. Smoove's reach is 2" higher and he has a 40" vertical but he can't block jump hooks from guys like Webber or Prince.

Quote:

Quote:

well it may be a problem in your eyes however if the Hawks draft Shelden and Marvin tries to go over him down low Shelden will bust his ass.

All that would mean are two fts for Marvin.

Sheldens lack of reach will allow other bigs to shoot over him fairly easily. Smoove's reach is 2" higher and he has a 40" vertical but he can't block jump hooks from guys like Webber or Prince.

Jonathan Bender had all the height you could ask for at 7 feet tall. he had all the upside you could ask for. why don't we pick him up?

ok maybe bad example.

back to Smoove vs Webber or Prince. Smoove will be scored on by Webber because Webber will push him around on the block. is Prince a good example of a post player? Webber will not push Sheldon around on the blocks.

Quote:

Quote:

Webber will not push Sheldon around on the blocks.

Shelden won't be able to challenge other players jump hooks due to his lack of reach. Very simple.

well when Kareem and Bill Walton decide to come back and play i'll become concerned.

i respect your opinion Exodus. however it's my opinion that Sheldon is a player and it's impossible to measure that with a ruler.

I agree he is a player. but the fact that his reach is 4" less than our small forward is a major issue. Kareem or Walton are irrelevant. The fact is that almost any 4/5 with a jump hook will be able to shoot it over Shelden fairly easily.

Quote:

I agree he is a player. but the fact that his reach is 4" less than our small forward is a major issue. Kareem or Walton are irrelevant. The fact is that almost any 4/5 with a jump hook will be able to shoot it over Shelden fairly easily.

i will also go on record as saying Sheldon is a 4 IMO. he is an excellent compliment to Zaza on the block.

who starts between Marvin and Smoove? who cares?

a 2nd team with Marvin/Smoove Childress and Lue would be competitive.

Quote:

Quote:

All that would mean are two fts for Marvin...

Yes but once Marvin got back up off the floor, dusted himself off, and shot his two free throws - he'd be alot less likely to go against him the next time.

Self preservation is a powerful force.

Quote:

i respect your opinion Exodus. however it's my opinion that Sheldon is a
player
and it's impossible to measure that with a ruler.

History will be the only true judge.

I will only say with a high draft pick you want someone who is both a "player" and has proto-type size. As the draft moves along you start picking players who are just athletes or people who have some athletic or size imperfections but have other skills to make up for it.

Quote:

Quote:

i respect your opinion Exodus. however it's my opinion that Sheldon is a
player
and it's impossible to measure that with a ruler.

History will be the only true judge.

I will only say with a high draft pick you want someone who is both a "player" and has proto-type size. As the draft moves along you start picking players who are just athletes or people who have some athletic or size imperfections but have other skills to make up for it.

the funny thing is there are no can't miss people at the top of this draft. there are a lot of very solid players in the middle of the draft. just our luck huh?