• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Are We Behind the other young teams in the league?

Wurider05

Guest Walter

...Sf either.

Quote:

You are acting as if every lottery pick in the history of the league was a instant superstar MVP player.

Most showed that "it" immediately and those that didn't generally didn't have better prospects playing in front of them.

Quote:

You may be right about Marvin but you can't throw the dude away because he isn't Chris Paul.[/qoute]

How many times must I repeat this. I don't want to throw him away. I want a similar young talent at another position of need (or say a top 5-7 pick next year). I would love to package him with a resigned Al for a star (alah J. O'Neal).

Quote:

You just can't argue with the skill set that he brings to the table.

[/indent]

Diesel brings up Tim Thomas in comparison which would suggest you can argue against skill set...

Quote:

You can't deny that he isn't a talented play.

[/indent]

And I won't even try beyond, he's not and has never been as talented as JS.

Quote:

You and Diesel act as if we drafted someone #2 who was a clear cut late second rounder.

[/indent]

No, I act as if we have a bottle neck at Sf, serious needs elsewhere, little time to build this team before rookie contracts expire, and no draft capitol next year. I've said if it were JS in MW's position, or if MW were 25% more productive I would suggest the same. It isn't about MW, it's about the Hawks building a truly title competitive team. Let's hope regardless of the strategy they do.

W

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Quote:

When is the last time a "dominant" player didn't start in college or on his bad NBA team?..Thats the entire point..Marvin will be a good NBA player, but there is nothing in his game or in his mentality that shows anything more than that..

Corey Maggette is one example of a good player who fits this criteria but almost no one will because how often does a college team have the kind of talent that Duke or UNC did those years (rarely)? Then, how often does that player get drafted by a team with multiple studs at the position or positions he could play? Again, rare.

The set of players who meet the criteria are naturally going to be very small. There may be more in the future with the requirement to attend one year of college (because a lot of the one and out players won't start immediately in the NBA). For example, Tracy McGrady started 2 games his second season in the NBA. Had he gone to college at a school like UK 1996, UNC 2005,...