jonsweet_19

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm, ok. How about production in their rookie seasons per48 minutes:

marvin: 16.5ppg/9rpg/2apg/1spg/.6bpg

smith: 16.8ppg/11rpg/3apg/1spg/3bpg

so better production by smith, but very comparable numbers in every area but blocks. When you consider the fact that Smith had NO ONE around him for half of the season and Marvin had to deal with Chill, Smith, and Al all being more established players getting minutes at his position, their performance is about on par. When two very young players have roughly equal rookie seasons tells you nothing stat-wise as far as who will be better in the long-run. No single stat incorporates all factors, and certainly none of them include the fact that while Smith had 1/2 a season of him and Chill forced into running the show, Marvin had Joe, Zaza, Al, Smith, and Chill all ahead of him on the chart all season along because he was being brought along slowly.

As far as my being pissy, ask yourself this, how often have you ever seen per48 tendex come up? Never, because it is useless. You found something where you could act like there was objective proof that we need to trade the guy who is at the focus of your hate (marvin), so you reposted this single 25% per48 tendex stat a couple hundred times, over and over and over as if it is a credible stat. Hell I'd be willing to bet that you yourself never once used per48 tendex in any post prior to finding marvin and smoove's per48 tendex stats. I could be wrong, and I'm certainly not going to look it up, but I bet even you never gave it any consideration until you found that number. Perhaps you will only be able to relate if I pick a small relatively insignificant stat and LITERALLY post it in HUNDREDS of posts, whether it has anything to do with the subject or not.