• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I'm going with my on rumor... Defensive upgrade!!!

Diesel

• Premium Member

2 2nd rounder (2006, 2007) for #10 overall.

Atlanta chooses Shelden Williams, Rajon Rondo!

This would be the best makeover for our defensive woes..

A PG who can run an offense and defend out to the perimeter.

A PF who can secure the lane.

Rondo/JJ/JS/Worf/Zaza.

If we could be anywhere near as offensively productive as last year, this team would go places..

• Premium Member

I doubt anyteam would sell a first rounder in the lottery.. not for cash.

But I think for 2 2nd rounders or even Salim and our second.. I think they might if they have a first coming some other way.

Seattle doesn't save much money from giving up #10 for 2 2nd rounders. They save maybe a mill? I think they want something more significant than that to give up a lottery pick, come on. How about Salim/#33 for #10/Fortson. This saves them a substantial amount this year. It all comes down to if we need the money Fortson will make this year? He is in the last year of his contract so he doesn't effect us after this year. I don't know much about him other than that he can rebound.

Rondo/Lue

JJ/Chill

Smith/Marvin

Shelden/Fortson

Zaza/(Al trade?)

The thing with this is, should we try and trade Al for future assets or a player with a substantial contract? If we take Rondo/Shelden with our lotto picks, I'd expect them to be eventual starters. So we'd have Rondo/Marvin/Shelden all as eventual starters with JJ/Smith as current starters. That makes 5. I don't want a non-starter with a big contract so I say that we must acquire a 2007 1st in a deal with Al if we are moving him for a non-starter. This would allow us to throw a ton of money at Sam Cassell for a 2 year or less contract while Rondo learns. Trade Lue/Donta/Edwards for Chris Mihm. I know, I Know, LAL would never do it but still. smile.gif I can dream...

Cassell / Rondo

Johnson / Childress

Smith / Marvin

Shelden / Fortson / Batista

Zaza / Mihm

That plus anything received for Al.

Quote:

Seattle doesn't save much money from giving up #10 for 2 2nd rounders.

I don't think seattle would do it, but they do save money because the contracts aren't guaranteed. If they like the guy, they can sign him. If they don't, they spend zero. They can also spend him for less time

• Premium Member

If Seattle is trading out of the first round, they'll simply do what Phoenix did a few years ago and get a future first rounder in the trade.

They're not going to "give away" their pick. To suggest such is silly, irresponsible journalism.

Yeah but how much does the #10 make? $1+M per? That isn't significant money. They are talking about needing to resign Ridnour and Collison who will be making a lot more than that. I think the Salim/Edwards/#33 for #10/Fortson would be attractive to them. Salim is productive, west-coast guy who is very cheap. Edwards is a throw-in to create a roster spot. #33 is cheap and non-guaranteed like you mentioned. You don't just trade lottery picks for second rounders. If they do, I'll be very happy.

Quote:

If Seattle is trading out of the first round, they'll simply do what Phoenix did a few years ago and get a future first rounder in the trade.

They're not going to "give away" their pick. To suggest such is silly, irresponsible journalism.

Agreed. Getting a top ten pick for a couple second rounders is a pipe dream.

Plus, any team looking to save cash will be more inclined to trade away players then picks - the #10 pick is a relative bargain basement contract in the nba these days. Only way the Supersonics trade the picks away is if someone also takes one of the bad contracts of their hands.

• Premium Member

You're suggesting that there's such a big talent drop in #10 and #33. It's not that big.

You're also suggesting that somebody would trade a pick from a strong draft to come for a pick in this weak draft. Not all GM's are fools.

However, I think if you consider the fact that 2nd rounders are proving to be just as strong as first rounders, what I have proposed has some merit. Especially when you consider a 2 year guarantee for a 4 year guarantee.

I think it's very possible to trade 2 2nds or Salim and #33 for #10.