• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Some Draft Buzz

KB21

As Draft Nears, Level of Uncertainty Rises

This is mainly a Chicago source, but it gives a good angle at what is being said.

The buzz is that Toronto will either draft Andrea Bargnani for themselves, or they will draft Adam Morrison for another team.

Chicago will be having the proverbial potential vs production discussion when they talk about drafting Tyrus Thomas or Brandon Roy. I think they will lean towards Thomas.

Charlotte will probably decide between Adam Morrison and Rudy Gay. They have been rumored as one of the teams that may move into that 1st spot for Morrison, so it would make sense to pencil in Morrison at this pick. However, Rudy Gay has the type of ability Bernie Bickerstaff looks for in a player.

Portland will be an interesting spot. They could be looking at two local players in Brandon Roy and Adam Morrison, but they could also be looking at Rudy Gay and LaMarcus Aldridge. If Brandon Roy is on the board, I expect Nate McMillan will be campaigning hard for the 'blazers to draft him. He and Adam Morrison make sense from a local standpoint. Aldridge would make sense from a needs stand point.

Atlanta at 5 will be an intersting spot. The rumors are out there that this pick will be Shelden Williams. I've got to go back to Lascar's post on the meeting Billy had with the season ticket holders last week that it's obvious BK likes Shelden, but he may not be the top man on the list. LaMarcus Aldridge could cause the Hawks to really think their position on this pick. Much like Chicago, this will be the proverbial potential vs production argument. A strong case could be made to take either player with this pick. One note on this pick is that I'm very curious about what the medical reports say on LaMarcus Aldridge. I know a lot of you believe the Hawks should take Aldridge with this pick, but if they happen to pass on him to take Shelden Williams, just remember that they have access to the medical reports that people like draftexpress, nbadraft.net, and Chad Ford don't have. LaMarcus is a player that has had both back and hip problems in the past, and if he drops a little, it could be because he has been red flagged by some team doctors.

If the Sheldon promise stories are true, we must be trying to get ahold of the Sonics pick or another one in the same range..I would't see any need of working out these 10-15 types if we aren't trying to get another pick..I would honestly jump for joy if we ended up with a bigman and a promisng point guard out of this draft.

I'm telling ya, we are going to be the All-Williams team. Atlanta will come out of this draft with Shelden Williams, Marcus Williams, and Justin Williams, and they will sign Eric Williams as a free agent.

I really think this is going to be an interesting draft to watch. The lack of a HUGE name or two is offset by the fact that there are some quality "needs fillers" in the 10-20 and maybe even below range (and the Hawks have needs as we all know). Since visiting here to Hawksquawk I feel like I have enough knowledge to at least enjoy watching the whole 1st round.

It'll be interesting to see where guys fall like: Brewer, Foye, Roy, Gay, Rondo, Farmar, Sene, (and many more go).

Since we won't likely have a 1st rounder next year I agree that it would be a good move for BK to do something to move up from the #33 this year - and pretty well set the team for the future (+ a FA in snt for Al later of course).

Quote:

If that were to happen the entire team would be Williams, Smiths and Johnsons. Probably the three most common last names in America.

We just need to sign Jumaine and Eddie Jones to finish out the All-Common Last Name Team

I heard a rumor not to long ago. I forgot where exactly. The Hawks wanted another top-10 pick in this year draft. How they went about getting it is anyone guess. By drafting Shelden at 5. It basically forces the Sonics to deal away their pick if the player they want is gone. If BK can pull this off. Sign him up for an extension now.

Quote:

I'm telling ya, we are going to be the All-Williams team. Atlanta will come out of this draft with Shelden Williams, Marcus Williams, and Justin Williams, and they will sign Eric Williams as a free agent.

Apart from being exceptionally confusing, that would be awesome ... or maybe because of it ...

• Premium Member

Made famous by the Cowboys and the Braves...

Declare your team America's team. Regardless of if they are or not. You need National TV time to pull this off... but if you do.. the Atlanta fans will rush to it. Atlanta fans buy into gimmicks like Nobody's business.

Historical reference.

The Braves have been their divisional winner for the last 14 years. However, their biggest years were when you could go to the stadium and do the "chop" and not offend Cheif Nockahomma.

Falcons = Dirty Bird.

Falcons = 2 Legit 2 quit

Even now with Mike Vick. The Falcons have the most marketable QB in the league. Not the best but definitely the most marketable. He's a gimmick also.

if you give the fans something on the national level, they will come out. If you give them a team of average joes who can win 50 games, they won't care.

That's why AI is even suggested. He has national prominence. Fans would come out to see him...