• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Wow this draft sucked!

gsuteke

• Premium Member

Your youth is showing.

This draft wasn't all that bad.

I mean when you consider Brad Daugherty, Mark Price, and Ron Harper...

Cleveland made a dynasty on that day.

Moreover, I wouldn't say that Rodman was the best player of the draft. I think Daugherty was. However, when you consider longevity and work, i would say that Rodman was definitely the hardest worker.

Finally if you want a really bad draft...

here ya go...

Bad Draft.

Agreed, Dougherty was a very good player and definitely worthy of the number one overall selection. The only thing that derailed him was injuries. Think of it this way, he would easily go number one in this draft, last years draft and just about any draft in recent memory sans LBJ.

Also, Price and Harper were excellent players in their prime as well.

Quote:

Yeah, Cleveland did well but how about the other teams in that draft? You can name only a handful of good players in the first round, and that equals a bad draft. I would even venture to say the 2nd round (Price, Rodman, McMillan, Hornacek) was only slightly worse than the first.

I agree the 2000 draft was worse than 1986, it was probably the worst ever. But that doesn't mean the 1986 wasn't bad. There were 15 out of 24 players who didn't play past 7 seasons, 7 of 24 players didn't even play past 4 seasons. To me, that means this was a bad draft.

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, Cleveland did well but how about the other teams in that draft? You can name only a handful of good players in the first round, and that equals a bad draft. I would even venture to say the 2nd round (Price, Rodman, McMillan, Hornacek) was only slightly worse than the first.

I agree the 2000 draft was worse than 1986, it was probably the worst ever. But that doesn't mean the 1986 wasn't bad. There were 15 out of 24 players who didn't play past 7 seasons, 7 of 24 players didn't even play past 4 seasons. To me, that means this was a bad draft.

Hey, don't diss the 2000 draft. We got UMLAUT out of that draft!

Guest Walter

Quote:

BTW left-wing hippy pot smokers need not respond with posts telling me how
insensitive
I am.

Your plea for no such response implies you're sensative rather than insensitive. So sensative, in fact, that were someone of this ilk to make a comment to you (I assume one you didn't care for) you would have no other choice but to insult them, dismissing them regardless of their opinion, rather than ignore them or (gasp) consider it thoughtfully.

Sorry, but your statement was so wildly, oddly defensive (maybe I missed something) that I find you to be the one with the problem and not the "left-wing hippy pot smokers".

W

Quote:

Quote:

BTW left-wing hippy pot smokers need not respond with posts telling me how
insensitive
I am.

Your plea for no such response implies you're sensative rather than insensitive. So sensative, in fact, that were someone of this ilk to make a comment to you (I assume one you didn't care for) you would have no other choice but to insult them, dismissing them regardless of their opinion, rather than ignore them or (gasp) consider it thoughtfully.

Sorry, but your statement was so wildly, oddly defensive (maybe I missed something) that I find you to be the one with the problem and not the "left-wing hippy pot smokers".

W

Now Walter, where is the Anti-Marvin sentiment in that post? i'm very dissapointed in you Walter.

actually i have no problem. i just cut some people off at the pass. Marvin is the Anti/Bias.