• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Sene

GMyrberg

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1358

Wow, talk about length. This kid is raw, but he's agile and aggressive. Probably get banged around quite a bit in the NBA. Eight minutes of video shows a tremendous upside. A possible bargain in the middle of the first. I don't know if he's right for the Hawks, but he is one of the few players I had not seen video of. Looks like he has the heart that some think Aldridge lacks. What a crazy draft this will be!

the description of Sene reminds me of the write-ups about a prospect from a few years ago - Malik Badiane (sp?). I think he was drafted by Houston but I do not think he has played in the NBA to date.

Sene is an intriguing prospect but has a huge bust potential so is not a legitimate candidate for a top 5 pick, let alone a top 10 pick.

He could blossum, but the odds are against it.

I agree about not needing any more raw players. "Raw players with big upside" does not need to be our team motto. However, none of the bigs in this draft are much instant help, except Shelden, who really probably lacks much of an upside, but is an accomplished player with the skills set he has. All of this year's bigs have significant risk, IMHO, so it's just a matter of base talent level and the willingness to learn.

Quote:

I agree about not needing any more raw players. "Raw players with big upside" does not need to be our team motto. However, none of the bigs in this draft are much instant help, except Shelden, who really probably lacks much of an upside, but is an accomplished player with the skills set he has. All of this year's bigs have significant risk, IMHO, so it's just a matter of base talent level and the willingness to learn.

There are projects and there are "projects". All rookies are projects to an extent, since there needs to be an adjustment to the nba game. However you don't want people who are projects to the game of basketball, not at this point.

With his size and shot-blocking ability, he could contribute off the bench right off the bat. I disagree that we couldn't use him. The problem lies in his value and high risk-reward status. I'm starting to like him as much if not better than O'Bryant, though, b/c of his similar, if more raw, tools, and his lower value. Plus, his coaches love his heart and desire to learn. Not too sure I've ever heard that about O'Bryant.

Anyone have any info on whether Sene plans on coming over this year if drafted?

Quote:

you don't want people who are projects to the game of basketball, not at this point.

Unless they are 7ft, can run, hustle like hell, can grab the rim flat-footed, and already show an aptitude for shot-blocking and rebounding.

Of course he could fail, that's why it's a risk, but I think that may be a chance worth taking.

Quote:

not what we need but will be interesting to watch him develop.

That's what we need, it's not like we will be contending next year or in 2 years. Now is the perfect time to get the guy and develop him in next 2-3 years. He will get a chance to play with us and may develop faster than playing in those playoff caliber teams. Diop is starting for Dallas and they are in finals, this guy looks just like Diop now and will get better.

There is always a aplayer(s) every draft that is always overrated. Sure Sene may be good in about 5 years from now. We do not need him. Nobody on earth knew about him until now. It is the same with O'Bryant. He didn't destroy the mid-majors and all of the sudden the guy is a top-10 talent. Go with the players who have played top competition all year long. Whether it be a big man or a pg. It doesn't matter to me.