KK = 9.3

JSal = 6.4

Hawks

JJ = 17

AH = 16

ZP = 8.7

JS = 9.7

MW = 6.7

To me, it seems like AI creates more shot opportunities than he takes away... The sixers top 5 shoot more than ours?

• Moderators

I don't think the Sixers had anyone as good as Salim, Lue or Marvin coming off their bench. They are a team that is dependent on their starting lineup more than the Hawks are.

• Premium Member

Hawks

JJ = 17 - Started 82 games

AH = 16 - Started 76 games

ZP = 8.7 - Started 78 games

JS = 9.7 - Started 73 games

MW = 6.7 - Started 7 games.

Used Marvin because he's projected as a started when Al goes.

• Admin

we're into month two of the Iverson to Atlanta nonsense. Everyone who pays attention knows that the ownership isn't interested in him. Yet they keep talking about it like there is even a slim chance of it happening. It's not going to happen, it's a waste of time to talk about it.

We have REAL things we could talk about. you know, like that thing called the draft!

diesel likes the thought of ai/al here because he knows that marvin won't grow into a superstar if one of those guys is here

he will continue to defer to them and not reach his potential

if al is gone and we get a true pg and not ai, then marvin will flourish and may become a superstar and then diesel would *gasp* have been wrong!

Quote:

Actually, I like the idea of trading Marvin for Ai if that's all we have to give up.

I would say Marvin/Salim wouldn't be too much. Marvin as the headliner for Philly and Salim to give them back a PG(?) or at least a small guard that can shoot and get the crowd going. We'd be much better off keeping Lue as AI's backup in a "win now" scenario. Lue can still shoot and is a safer bet at backup PG than SS. Chillz could easily backup both the 2 and 3.

Boy, wouldn't it be sad if we were to give up a bunch of young talent up for AI...win nothing....he retires in three years...while the young talent we give up... along with Boris and JT are on winning teams and doing well.

Not saying this would happen...but it could.

BK may not be saying publicly that he needs some big time vets to stay out of the lottery next season...but I'm sure that is what he is thinking.

Quote:

Quote:

They could kill the A.I. rumors instantly by simply stating that we aren't interested in acquiring A.I.

Bernie Mullin has already done this. He speaks on behalf of the organization. He is the President.

Where? On 790? At your super secret ownership meeting? Answer this then, is the rest of the media, including the AJC and the Flagship station asleep, because they sure haven't picked up on it.

Your contention that we won't get A.I. is like Neal Boortz claiming that we found WMD's in Iraq. He claims we have, but the president himself hasn't announced it to anyone.

And in any event, the time you claim that Mullin said this, it was pre Belkin saga. The Atlanta Spirit realizes that they need money, and that maybe acquiring Iverson will make the franchise too expensive for Belkin's liking.