• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Actual interesting analysis from RealGM, who knew?

ATLBob

Quote:

Quote:

I'm only this way when I'm confronted by a bunch of idiots with dumbass opinions.

I know KB. You are the brave one and the rest of us are just hiding behind our words and computers. You are either a totally clueless adult or seriously young and imature.

I cannot figure out which, but I am leaning towards the young and imature one, that way I never have to worry about someone close to me ever having surgery done by you...

God that would be a nightmare!

will you all please let the lies go!

this guy couldn't perform surgery on broken match!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Once again, tell me when he has had a chance to build a winner.

He put the foundation that the Grizzlies are currently built upon in place. Their foundation is Pau Gasol and Shane Battier. Everything else around them has changed. As far as Stromile Swift goes, go take a look at John Hollinger's draft do overs. Even though he hasn't lived up to his potential, he is still rated as the 4th best player to come out of that draft. Considering that Kenyon Martin hasn't put up stats that are much better than Stromile Swift's, Billy made the right pick in that draft.

That so called foundation in Memphis has zero chance of doing anything in the playoffs. So what is the point of using that as a basis for BK being a good GM? He has never had a chance to build a winner because he has not been good enough to date. The major reason Memphis did well immediately after BK's departure was because of a coaching change and Posey having a career year. This past years success was predicated on significant contributions from Stoudamire, Miller and Jones - all post BK additions. Pau is the only good thing he did for that franchise and that was only because he fleeced one of the worst GMs in history.

I noticed you have not commented on his horrible record of hiring coaches - which is a huge part of a GMs job.

I generally agree with most of what he has done (the two big exceptions being Marvin over Paul and hiring Woody), so I am not necessarily slamming him, but he does not have a resume of success. If he builds a winner in Atlanta then maybe we can consider him a good GM, but until that happens he is a question mark.

You take Pau and Battier away from the Grizzlies, and you have a team that struggles to win 25 games. That's because Jerry West has made very few good personnel decisions in his time there, and his bad decisions have left that team capped out. Jerry hasn't drafted a single player in Memphis that has made a meaningful contribution to that team.

Quote:

You take Pau and Battier away from the Grizzlies, and you have a team that struggles to win 25 games. That's because Jerry West has made very few good personnel decisions in his time there, and his bad decisions have left that team capped out. Jerry hasn't drafted a single player in Memphis that has made a meaningful contribution to that team.

Again, what did BK really build with a core of Pau and Battier? The answer is nothing - a team that can maybe make the playoffs, but lacks a true superstar.

West drafted Gooden whom he subsequently traded for Miller. Miller has been one of their best players ever since. That was a very good trade especially considering Gooden played the same position as Gasol. Signing Posey was a great move until Posey was hurt and never returned to the form he showed that first year in Memphis. Signing Stoudamire and jettisoning Williams was an significant upgrade. That team was never going to win with Williams as point guard.

No question Pau is the franchise, but he is one player. Battier is a good role player, but not a franchise centerpiece.

Again, you are quite on the coaching front.

Quote:

I'm only this way when I'm confronted by a bunch of idiots with dumbass opinions.

It's confirmed. KB21 IS BK. Because that's what BK thinks of the fans as well. (just kidding KB21) -- Actually I don't mind Billy if he'd just talk about his team sometimes. He doesn't have to give away any secrets, just lie to us and give hope like most GMs. It's like having Jimmy Hoffa as GM - except Hoffa talks more.

WHAAA? YOU LIKE BK? YOU ARE A BAD DOCTOR, JUST LIKE KB21! GOD FORBID YOU EVER DO SURGERY ON ME OR MY FAMILY! BLARG BLARG BLARG! I'M JOE SCHMOE AND I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT YOU, BUT I WILL MAKE A PERSONAL ATTACK AGAINST YOUR COMPETENCE IN YOUR LIFE'S WORK BECAUSE YOU SUPPORT A MAN WHO TRADES BASKETBALL PLAYERS IN WAYS I DON'T AGREE WITH!!!! BLARG!